im going to ask this one more time...

BkDroid87

Reaction score
how the HELL do i put music onto my Motorola Droid? it is supposed to be so damn simple, i only did it ONCE and that was by following this youtube video

[video=youtube;g5-NzLkg5Ss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5-NzLkg5Ss]YouTube - Connecting Motorola Droid To Computer or PC, Mounting Droid Phone[/video]

at 1:26 point in the video is where my problem always was.. "please insert disk into Drive F" so i followed the video and chose to "Mount" it right there and VIOLA! success it worked perfect.

now when i do this at that point, it WILL actually open the Folder but it will close it automatically right away and that's it... just like that... it is gone. it is like a tease. it will show the folder and all the subfolders including my "Music" folder (where i put all my 7 songs on the first time -_- ) and then right away maybe a second later close itself. sorry for repeating myself. WHAT CAN I BE DOING WRONG NOW? i really love my Droid, besides this problem i have no complains. wonderful device, but this is unfortunately a huge problem for me :-(

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
how the HELL do i put music onto my Motorola Droid? it is supposed to be so damn simple, i only did it ONCE and that was by following this youtube video

YouTube - Connecting Motorola Droid To Computer or PC, Mounting Droid Phone

at 1:26 point in the video is where my problem always was.. "please insert disk into Drive F" so i followed the video and chose to "Mount" it right there and VIOLA! success it worked perfect.

now when i do this at that point, it WILL actually open the Folder but it will close it automatically right away and that's it... just like that... it is gone. it is like a tease. it will show the folder and all the subfolders including my "Music" folder (where i put all my 7 songs on the first time -_- ) and then right away maybe a second later close itself. sorry for repeating myself. WHAT CAN I BE DOING WRONG NOW? i really love my Droid, besides this problem i have no complains. wonderful device, but this is unfortunately a huge problem for me :-(

I dont know why it would be closing the folder but all you have to do is go to "My Computer" and open up the drive the droid is connected to. It will pull up your SD card folders and such and you can transfer music into there.

OP
B

BkDroid87

Reaction score
it doesn't show up in My Computer :-( it only shows up as Removable Disk Drive G: in its own seperate pop up window.. then i click "open folder to view files" so according to the video i mount it then and it should work just like it did the one time i finally got it to... but now nothing. it just closes. i wish it showed up in My Computer but it doesnt lol

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'd say that possibly it's the driver. With your Droid NOT plugged in go to your desktop or whatever, right-click My Computer, and select Manage. In the following screen, select Device Manager. At the bottom you'll see Universal Serial Bus Controllers; expand it, and make a mental note of what all is there. Now, plug in your Droid and mount it, check the USB list again and you should see a new entry; uninstall it. Now unless it automatically reinstalls itself, you want to want to safely remove the device (if you don't know how to do this Google it), then before unplugging it, go back to the notifications screen on the Droid and turn off the mass storage mode, then pull the plug. Now reconnect and mount the device and it should install the driver for the phone. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure, might have to query Google.

Pokebreaker

Reaction score
Hmm, instead of doing it like in the video try just plugging the USB into the phone and the into the computer. Then go into your phone and mount it, that should bring up that window on your computer asking what you want to do with it, where you select "Open Folder to view files".

The drive letter designation will differ depending on how many other drive you have on the computer. My phone always shows up as Drive K:

So skip the part about going into the computer prior to mounting your phone, mount your phone first and then look for it in My Computer. Also, make sure you SD Card hasn't somehow slipped out of place in the back of your phone.

terl00

Reaction score
try installing "salling media" sync on your computer, then mount phone to computer with usb cord. free salling will walk you through it...it takes time for the transfer and no favorite lists...but paid app is faster and includes favorites. I installed free and did this within one month of having my phone and never had a smart phone before so it is almost idiot proof...good luck i hope this is helpful. if you dont have the paid app and you try to add more music it will completely reload all the music including old...but no worries because it replaces the old not adds to it, so no double tunes or usage of usb space.

Last edited:
OP
B

BkDroid87

Reaction score
I'd say that possibly it's the driver. With your Droid NOT plugged in go to your desktop or whatever, right-click My Computer, and select Manage. In the following screen, select Device Manager. At the bottom you'll see Universal Serial Bus Controllers; expand it, and make a mental note of what all is there. Now, plug in your Droid and mount it, check the USB list again and you should see a new entry; uninstall it. Now unless it automatically reinstalls itself, you want to want to safely remove the device (if you don't know how to do this Google it), then before unplugging it, go back to the notifications screen on the Droid and turn off the mass storage mode, then pull the plug. Now reconnect and mount the device and it should install the driver for the phone. If that doesn't work then I'm not sure, might have to query Google.

i did everything you said and same exact problem :-( i am honestly so angry right now i want to break this phone

and to Poke, i have tried that many times but thank you lol

WTF?

oh and i never get an option on my Droid to "Turn Off Mass Storage", is this a problem? how the hell do i find this

ArchAngel

Reaction score
Hey bk dont get frustrated try this, cause i have seen things like this before.

go to malwarebytes.org download the free version, scan your pc after updating and tell me how it works, only other thing it could be is corrupt usb drivers for your motherboard. try that and let me know...:motdroidhoriz:

OP
B

BkDroid87

Reaction score

go to malwarebytes.org download the free version, scan your pc after updating and tell me how it works, only other thing it could be is corrupt usb drivers for your motherboard. try that and let me know...:motdroidhoriz:

2 infected items... both with the category "Registry Data"

Broken.Open.Command
Hijack.Display.Properties

and for the guy who suggested Salling Media Sync, i downloaded that too and was going through the steps until the third i think it was that said to select "Mount". it said after i completed all steps that window would close automatically.. well i Mounted it like it said and the window never closed.

my droid has cancer

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Do you have a media slot on your laptop / com that you could remove your memory card from your droid and download that way? I know defeats the purpose but could be a short term fix until you wanna tackle the underlying issue...LOL...

jev

Reaction score
Are you able to mount your droid to your pc? I know it's a stupid ? but that's the first step in diagnosis. In the video, the guy does a unnecessary step in pulling up the computer menu. Just plug your droid in, once the notification pops up in the notification bar on your phone, pull down the bar and touch the usb connect notification. A window will then pop up on your computer, either the sd card folder from your phone, or the box that asks you what you want to do with the folder(depends on how you have your comp set up). If the notification isn't popping up on your droid, make sure you go into settings/applications/development on your phone and make sure usb debugging is checked. On mine, unless usb debuging is checked, I'm unable to mount. Hope this helps.

ArchAngel

Reaction score

2 infected items... both with the category "Registry Data"

Broken.Open.Command
Hijack.Display.Properties

and for the guy who suggested Salling Media Sync, i downloaded that too and was going through the steps until the third i think it was that said to select "Mount". it said after i completed all steps that window would close automatically.. well i Mounted it like it said and the window never closed.

my droid has cancer

ok after the scan found items remove them button is on the right, reboot your pc try remounting drive.

ibnetman

Reaction score
Is the connection on the droid solid? Also I have seen where you have to plug the droid in one of the back USB ports that is connected to the motherboard not a front panel USB.

Sweettooth

Reaction score

i did everything you said and same exact problem :-( i am honestly so angry right now i want to break this phone

and to Poke, i have tried that many times but thank you lol

WTF?

oh and i never get an option on my Droid to "Turn Off Mass Storage", is this a problem? how the hell do i find this

This may sound obvious but if you're Droid is connected to your computer and mounted, you should be able to drag down the notification window which will let you turn off USB Storage. If this option isn't there then it sounds like your Droid isn't actually being mounted, which sounds like the real source of the problem.

OP
B

BkDroid87

Reaction score
Are you able to mount your droid to your pc? I know it's a stupid ? but that's the first step in diagnosis. In the video, the guy does a unnecessary step in pulling up the computer menu. Just plug your droid in, once the notification pops up in the notification bar on your phone, pull down the bar and touch the usb connect notification. A window will then pop up on your computer, either the sd card folder from your phone, or the box that asks you what you want to do with the folder(depends on how you have your comp set up). If the notification isn't popping up on your droid, make sure you go into settings/applications/development on your phone and make sure usb debugging is checked. On mine, unless usb debuging is checked, I'm unable to mount. Hope this helps.

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!! OMG THANK YOU HAHA SUCCESSSS

thank you everyone, your awesome all of you:heart: