I'm getting sick of Pandora

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by qoncept, Mar 8, 2010.

1. qoncept

qoncept New Member

Pandora has always been pretty buggy, but ever since the latest update it's been running like complete garbage. Anyone else?

1) When I open it, it'll sit at the loading screen until I quit and relaunch it more often than not.

2) When I switch to it, whether its been playing music or not, I often get the blank-screen bug. The player controls show up, but nothing else, until I close and relaunch.

3) The Bluetooth bug has been popping up CONSTANTLY. Every time the music is paused for ANY reason (a notification, call or if I just pause it myself), Bluetooth audio is screwy until I turn off my headset and back on. Some people had issues like this before, but I never did.

4) I have Settings Profiles set up to automatically launch Pandora when I put it in my car dock. It will open, start playing music but still just sit at the loading screen forever.... until I close and relaunch it.

5) Even as I type this, I CANNOT get Bluetooth to work at all. I've turned my headset off and on probably 10 times, tried it with Pandora paused, closed, opened, playing, etc.. and it just keeps skipping.

I realize the BT problem is probably more with Android than Pandora, but this is just getting ridiculous. I spent over $100 getting everything set up so I could play Pandora on my car stereo and make it EASY TO USE, but now its hardly usable at all. I haven't installed any new apps, and I've removed some trying to see if they were causing any kind of conflicts, but nothing helps. I'm starting to regret paying for a Pandora membership and just about ready to give up on it all together for Last.fm.
  2. jefbystereo

jefbystereo New Member

I pretty much agree with those sentiments exactly. I used to listen to pandora for 100% of my music, now I listen to it only about 25% of the time cause I cant take all the crashes, or the non starts.

Also, the A2DP seems to suck. When I power on my bluetooth ear piece (for talking) it syncs instantly, but my phone only syncs to my music bluetooth about 60% of the time. I always have to go into the settings and turn off bluetooth, then back on to get it working. There are only a couple things I dont like about the droid, and this is definitely the top of that list.
  3. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

happens to me also. Selecting quit then to relaunch does get quite old and gives us the unnecessary inconvenience we don't want. At least it's free so my complaints are kept to a minimum when it comes to Pandora.
  4. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

Yea the Non startups have been getting annoying lately, hopefully these will be fixed. They are usually on top of bug fixes fairly quickly. I have faith in them
  5. qoncept

qoncept New Member

They've been pretty terribly unresponsive for me. I emailed and asked about the missing features (the iPhone app does just about everything you can do on a PC, while ours does nothing but play and create new stations). They basically sidestepped in the response and listed a bunch of non-fixes for everything I mentioned.

There have been 2 updates since I got my Droid in November. I haven't noticed ANY enhancements or bug fixes in either, and both have been successively worse. :( Feel like using Windows.
  6. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

I use Pandora daily and I haven't noticed much problem EXCEPT (and I don't know if this is Pandora or Android, but it never did it before):

I was using Pandora while simultaneously using Google Nav this weekend, and for some reason, a couple times, my 2.1 music player just started playing my ring tone (my ringtone is the only audio file I've added to the phone). I had to launch the music player, and stop (pause) the music, then re-launch Pandora to get it to work. It was also acting a little flaky with regard to pausing while the nav instructions were announced. It was irritating to say the least, however I haven't had any of these problems when not using navigation.
  7. MaxBobcat

MaxBobcat New Member

Hmm...

I used bluetooth headphones to listen to Pandora for about 5 hours yesterday and prolly got about 5 or 6 calls. I could answer the phone and go back to Pandora no problems.

My only complaint is sometimes the Pandora songs sound a little scratchier and have some white noise than my MP3s, DroidLive or RadioTime stream.
  8. technologeek

technologeek New Member

Pandora Quality

Have you tried going into the preferences menu within Pandora and selecting "High" Cell Network Audio Quality? It makes a huge difference.
  9. giant25

giant25 New Member

I love this thread. I switched to Slacker because I couldn't handle Pandora's issues anymore. Slacker isn't perfect, but it's way better than Pandora now. I stream music to a Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo gateway and have had nothing but problems with Pandora. I've emailed them with no response...
  10. jefbystereo

jefbystereo New Member

Giant25- I use the BB gateway too. Do you have problems with your droid syncing to it? I dont think mine are related to pandora necessarily, but the droid and the bb gateway just dont play nice together.
  11. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

Pandora has been a pain the ass lately. The biggest issue for me has been if you pause it and press home you have to start it up and quit it 3 times before it will go back to the home screen and let you start it up again and actually play music.
  12. Chatchie

Chatchie New Member

Slacker is much better in my opinion, but Pandora (for me atleast) is less buggy, so I have to use it.
  13. travisinkansas

travisinkansas New Member

Mine seems to be working fine, except when I go into an area with no cell service of course.
  14. seang

seang New Member

i hated both of those apps, couldn't use either.
  15. jvcerebro

jvcerebro New Member

add me to the list! its really crappy since the last update
  16. giant25

giant25 New Member

Yup, I have the same problems. I have better luck when I turn the car on last, and turn on the phone's bluetooth first. But if it doesn't pair, I have to go into the network settings of the phone, then the bluetooth section, then have it connect to the gateway. Kind of a hassle. I have a car mount, so I originally wanted to just put the phone in the mount, have it automatically turn on bluetooth and start a music app streaming via bluetooth. I found the app "Setting Profiles" (full version) and now I just need a more reliable connection over bluetooth. Does anyone else have a bluetooth-type gateway that connects to the aux of your car that isn't the blackberry model? I'm wondering if Pandora is really the culprit or not, but Slacker doesn't give me the same issues with it.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  17. xx1jpt5xx

xx1jpt5xx New Member

I've only had my droid for a week so I cant comment on prior versions but I do get a lot of blank screens and force closes. Does pandora run well on 1x? I can usually listen to like 2 songs before I need to close and start it again.
  18. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

I've had no problems with Pandora other than the usual problems I'd expect with any streaming application over 3G when the phone is moving (i.e. in my car.) But I wonder if those who have experienced problems have tried accessing Pandora via the web through their browser.

If the same problems exist in that mode, it's not Pandora, it's the internet connection. Both the Droid app and the browser must access the internet and I suspect the complaints may be associated with that connection rather than with the Droid app.

At worst it's worth testing.

P.S. Sorry. Just tried to do what I was suggesting and it appears that you cannot get at the internet application from the browser. My bad.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  19. qoncept

qoncept New Member

@jef,
    I have one too, and other than Pandora, I have no problems with it. It does occasionally cut out but I really think I need to pull the stereo out and fix my power connections.
  20. Technoman

Technoman New Member

Try RadioTime, it is a pay APP, but you don't have a monthly subscription or anything else. Allows you to select by Region, Genre, many talk stations, Podcasts, and lots of other stuff. I purchased this when it came out due to it having the best selection of LOCAL radio stations. There is a thread on here that has more detail if interested.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/26456-radiotime-android.html
Search tags for this page
android pandora app reloads
is pandora one less buggy?
lifetime pandora subscription problems
pandora app for android keeps loading

pandora keeps loading

pandora keeps loading on android
pandora lifetime membership
sick of pandora ads
why do you have to keep reloading with pandora?
why does my pandora keep loading
why does pandora keep saying reloading
why does pandora keep skipping on my bluetooth