I'm getting fed up..

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Bionic was alright, but then I progressively started to get more data drops, but only for a couple minutes at a time I guess, but every day. If this was an HTC phone I could have maybe fixed my issues by flashing a different kernel...but no Moto locks the ish out their phones. Development straight sucks for this phone. And now ICS is not coming to maybe summer.

THIS. PHONE. SUX....and I am also Fed up!

Reaction score
I am on my 5th bionic and installed the update with a factory reset and am still having problems. Now my phone only rings half the time and I feel like my data has gone from OK to bad.

I called Verizon this morning and they offered me a resound, razr, or the new lg 4g phone.

I chose the razr as I do like Motorola and the reviews seem good. No phone is perfect, but it just seems like the bionic got dropped by moto and Verizon really fast.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Good move not choosing the Rezound. Razr is a great choice.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
I'm getting feel up too _^_

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

OP
MikeMasso

MikeMasso

Reaction score
Since you're on your 4th Bionic, I think if you insist on a different devices Verizon may give it to you.
I wouldn't expect a Gnex, but maybe.
I had a Thunderbolt swapped for a Bionic, 2 days later had the Bionic swapped for a Stratosphere.
Ended up buying my wife an iphone and using her Thunderbolt.
The Bionic couldn't hold a data signal and the Stratosphere was just too underpowered. They both made me miss my Thunderbolt.

Sent from my Illudium PU - 36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Yeah, I would doubt a GNex too.. but I wouldn't really complain. :p

OP
MikeMasso

MikeMasso

Reaction score
This is why you have to wipe everything; cache, data, and dalvik. Some dev's use'd to advise peeps to wipe everything a total of three separate times before they load a new ROM and when they take one off!

I haven't rooted THIS Bionic, just the first one I had.. I decided to bring the first one back to stock to see of the newer updates were worth it, and that's when I started having these problems. I just haven't really been on here and I forgot to update my profile/sig. Sorry for the confusion.

DunDun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"Sammy Davis" Galaxy Season 6
Ok I think I understand your dilemma. I've only had one bionic; rooted it, loaded kinetix, manually loaded the updates but never had the data issues that others have spoke of.

Except for the lousy stock phone and Verizon's 3g/4g authentication hiccups, this bionic has been good. I fanatically wipe before I do anything to this device. 902 gave me some app issues, but once I wiped and reapplied the update it's been rock solid. 902 gave me a better stock camera.

Sorry to hear your experience has been worse than mine. I hope it gets better for you. I saw a thread that 902 fastboot file is released, maybe that will fix your devices issues?

don_droid

Reaction score
I got my bionic the 2nd day and had some issues with reboots, wallpaper changing and some data drops. I exchanged it last month and got a much newer phone than got ota to .902 now this bionic works great. I felt the newer bionic version seemed much better to me.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mike,

I have a Bionic that I was having major issues with. I complained enough that they replaced the Bionic with a Rezound. They made me pay for the phone up front with a credit after I sent them the Bionic. I kept the Bionic and am glad I did as the 902 update fixed my phone. Demand a replacement and they will move to a comparable phone eventually. Even if one manager says no keep trying until you get a yes!

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I would accept a swap for a Razr Maxx........or a Droid 4 :) Basically I like both of the newest phones. Maybe it's just new phone envy...

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
Every time I read the title of this thread I can't help but read it like "I'm getting f'ed up", like all these bionic owners are planning on getting super drunk or something.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Every time I read the title of this thread I can't help but read it like "I'm getting f'ed up", like all these bionic owners are planning on getting super drunk or something.

Hahaha I keep reading it like that too!