I'm getting duplicate pictures on my PC.

jaycook777

Reaction score
After downloading the pictures I have taken on my Droid X, I use the "auto play" option in Windows 7, and choose "import pics and videos using windows".

I'm getting one duplicate of each picture, but the second pic seems to be at a different resolution. Does anyone here know what is going on with this?

Thanks,
Jay

RickPoker

Reaction score
Don't use the "autoplay" feature to import pictures. It will search your phone and SD card for every single photo, thumbnail, temp file (from when you uploaded photos via facebook or twitter,etc).

You can explore the files first and choose which ones to copy to your photos folder in Windows Live Gallery once the phone is docked. I have a Droid, not a Droid X, so my folders my be different, but I found my photos under DCIM > Camera. I also have a .thumbnails folder in the DCIM folder and I noticed that it had all of the smaller duplicates that kept importing when I was using your method previous including photos that I thought I deleted. I went through and deleted all of them except for the data files. I hope this helps.

FoFa

Reaction score
With my Droid X I just manually copy or move them like RickPoker said above. They are under DCIM/Camera.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Sounds like your getting the photo and the thumbnail