I'm Getting an Update Now!!!

Willyammer

Reaction score
I'm getting an update right now - actually, I'm wondering if something is wrong. I was on a bus heading back to NYC from NJ and swapped out my battery just before heading into one of the tunnels. Got this strange screen with "Start" at the top, the green droid and "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" It took me a sec to realize that I was getting an update (I'd been catching some Zzz's just b4). Problem is, it started about half an hour ago and it's still going... :blink:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Tried checking for update, but nothing. I'm on Android Revolution though.

OP
W

Willyammer

Reaction score
False call.

Must have been a goof. I tapped the power button and got the "Google" screen. It then rebooted. I checked the system and phone is still at version 4.0.2.
Doh!
False call did eat up about 25% of battery though.

Diab210

Reaction score
wait... that sounds strangely like the screen that pops up if you hold volume down with power to turn on. Does it say Odin mode or something on the top left corner?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

captdroid

Reaction score
Just checked for update from stock 4.02 (rooted)... nothing... still says "Your system is currently up to date" upon checking for update.

ænyoc

Reaction score
You were in odin mode. (vol dn + pwr)

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

MrKleen

Reaction score
You know that if you want the new radios along with 1.0.3 you can install it now...

That is the joy of owning the Nexus and it is soooo easy to work with.

hydro556

Reaction score
You know that if you want the new radios along with 1.0.3 you can install it now...

That is the joy of owning the Nexus and it is soooo easy to work with.

And how much did they improve your signal strength?

Alvarez13

Reaction score
They are not designed to improve signal, but to acquire 3G/4G faster and to help you maintain signal longer.
A lot of ppl in the xda thread seemed like they were having trouble with them. I think I'll wait for 4.0.3.

davidwar

Reaction score
You were in odin mode. (vol dn + pwr)

Survivor of the Great 2011 Verizon Google Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Debacle and proud owner of a Galaxy Nexus and Original Droid 1/Milestone. Sent from my Sexy Lexus Galaxy Nexus.

I guess this is what I must have done this morning because I got this screen. What is Odin mode?