im demofox new to droid

demofox

Reaction score
hi im demofox an i own a droid and i would like to know all tricks and mods for it thats prety much it and yes my spelling is a liltle off iknow but feel free to pm me i could use all the help ty and be happy to learn from people

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
HHHHEEEEEYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! welcome

Droidfish

Reaction score
Welcom to the forums demofox, you've come to the right place. Any tricks and mods really depend on what you're trying to accomplish. I would recommend learning your stock droid inside and out as well as finding what apps are currently offered to your liking from the market. The droid is a pretty awesome device out of the box.

As far as hacking your droid there's a ton of info here in the forums so make yourself at home and read, read, then reread. It's good to learn all the common mistakes before you have the opportunity to make them. Just by reading through all the hack forums you'll know when you're ready to start hacking.

OP
demofox

demofox

Reaction score
Welcom to the forums demofox, you've come to the right place. Any tricks and mods really depend on what you're trying to accomplish. I would recommend learning your stock droid inside and out as well as finding what apps are currently offered to your liking from the market. The droid is a pretty awesome device out of the box.

As far as hacking your droid there's a ton of info here in the forums so make yourself at home and read, read, then reread. It's good to learn all the common mistakes before you have the opportunity to make them. Just by reading through all the hack forums you'll know when you're ready to start hacking.
is there any apps i must have on the droid to like protect it from virus and other harmful programs

Droidfish

Reaction score
None that I would recommend. As far as protection goes whenever you download an app from the market read several reviews first, and always check the permissions that each app has over your phone and make sure they pertain to what you are downloading. Also the app ratings combined with number of downloads will indicate wether the safety/quality of an app is proven.

OP
demofox

demofox

Reaction score
None that I would recommend. As far as protection goes whenever you download an app from the market read several reviews first, and always check the permissions that each app has over your phone and make sure they pertain to what you are downloading. Also the app ratings combined with number of downloads will indicate wether the safety/quality of an app is proven.

ty for the info my friend ok let me specify i had the droid for a while now like maybe 3 moths and i want know more about rooting it and messing around with it and need to learn how and what to do and what not to do

Droidfish

Reaction score
Well then...

First I would recommend reading ALL of the stickys in the hack section of the forum.

Then I would recommend using Math3w's guide found HERE to root and get Bugless Beast installed on your phone(plus much more). I have tried many roms and always seem to come back to this one, it is very stable and always has the latest stuff included.

Math3ew spells it out pretty easy and maintains support for his guides so if you find yourself in a bind he(and many others here) can help you out of a pickle.

Last edited:

shmoo

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums and welcome to your new addiction!!!! This is the best place to learn anything and everything about your Droid. Happy modding!

Sean

Reaction score
Welcome! Once you read some of the posts on here you will see that your droid has endless possiblities for customization, and has replaced crack as the most addictive drug on the planet!

DROOOOOIIIIIID!!!!!