Im debating if should root my Droid X.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Hank Hong, Oct 31, 2010.

1. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya I did it using the same method. Make sure you go over the steps a few times.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

2. Hank Hong

Hank Hong New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok could u suggest a vid tut and are u sure it will bot break my phone and will be able to unroot

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    I do not know of any video tutorials but as long as you follow all of the steps closely you will not damage your phone. I was just as worried as you when I first rooted but that was before I understood the basic concept. You're not really doing anything crazy. So what I did was read through the steps very carefully several times. Then I pulled out a notebook and wrote "how to root" at the top of the page.

Then I wrote all of the steps down. This helped me to further familiarize myself with the steps. Then I compared my notes the the steps in the thread to make sure they were all correct.

You don't really have to get that crazy about it but if it helps you I would say go for it. And just a tip, when you are entering commands in the terminal emulator, all spaces are important and all letters are case sensitive.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

4. Hank Hong

Hank Hong New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok ya im sorta scared on not wanting break my phone. If you could make a video tut that would be awesome but you dont have to. Ill try the this rage thingy root. Wish me lock!
    P.S. Have you heard off that one click root thing. If you have, does it work?
    Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page

will i loose my apps if i root my phone?