1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I'm confused... Smoked Glass Theme vs Smoked Glass ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shaneathan, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Shaneathan

Shaneathan New Member

I rooted last week by using DroidMod 1.0 and then used MetaMorph to theme it. I honestly don't remember what Smoked Glass item I downloaded, but is the ROM not the same as the theme? If I downloaded a theme, does the new update not make a difference for what I installed? (I installed on the 26th, the day before the update)

Thanks for the info.
  2. kaiyel1

kaiyel1 New Member

I think the rom is to modify the framework, etc. while the metamorph theme is to modify the icons, font, etc. Well at least that is what the Dark-24kt theme and update.zip file are for.

I may be wrong!:blink:
  3. bastosero

bastosero New Member

As far as I understand, the ROM will contain everything including the theme inside it. The theme will just change the appearance on top of the ROM you are using with Metamorph.
Search tags for this page

glassrom v