Im board and baby baby mama went to the club-I want to root my X

droid noobie

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to do it like the og droid when it had application on the market to do it for you.

Anybody that wants to help me out Ill pay you to spend some time with me with a walk thru.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Search for z4root. Download the file directly to your phone, install it, run it, choose the permanent option, you're rooted.

Lady_DroidX

Reaction score
What happens when the ota update comes wll it still work rooted or should you wait til the update the root

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

droid noobie

Reaction score
Thanks guys...If I was at the bar everyone would of got a drink already...HERE IT GOES.

lfylove

Reaction score
Lmao at the title of this thread

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
D

droid noobie

Reaction score
Sad part it is true...Im with my kids while she is backing it up. Cant hate because I get out 20-1 compared to her. Shes a good girl that puts up with alot of my ****.

Back to root mod-These thing is just doing a circle in the middle and not doing anything else. The bottom says running exploit in order to obtain root access. How long does this take? Its on 5min already.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Back out, reboot, then run Permanent Root again and it should work (May take 2-3 minutes, may take 1)

Sad part it is true...Im with my kids while she is backing it up. Cant hate because I get out 20-1 compared to her. Shes a good girl that puts up with alot of my ****.

Back to root mod-These thing is just doing a circle in the middle and not doing anything else. The bottom says running exploit in order to obtain root access. How long does this take? Its on 5min already.

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning

OP
D

droid noobie

Reaction score
Took battery out and did it again work great...Now what next for root?

What are a must in root?
Best rom for root?
How to install a rom?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
From here, it depends on where you want to go because now, you can! :)
"Best" is always going to be subjective so the best thing to do is check them out. They're all good ROMs but each offers different features. Some of the biggest hitters are Apex, DarkSlide, Simply Stunning, and Liberty. When you find the one you'd like to try, we will gladly help you get it installed.
App wise, I recommend Root Explorer, DX Bootstrap, Titanium Backup, SMS Backup&Restore (If you want to keep texts between ROMs), Call Log Backup&Restore (If you want to keep...well, call logs. Haha!), and Drocap2 (For screenshots).

Message delivered via a Bolt of lightning