I'm Being Misunderstood

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by C3-PO, Jun 23, 2010.

1. C3-PO

C3-PO Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Current Phone Model:
    LG V10
    Sorry about this post, but I'm having a problem that I think is being misunderstood. Maybe I'm not explaining myself well enough.

First. I know about the launcher problems. I've searched and read all the post about them and tried all the solutions. I'm not having a problem with the launcher. My launcher is fine.

I like to put all the apps that I use most into folders on my homescreens. Since I went to this ROM, (great ROM, by the way, best I've used so far) All the apps that I put in folders on my homescreens disappear from those folders after a reboot. And they never come back, even after restarting the launcher. (Which I don't see why this would have anything to do with it since the apps aren't disappearing from the launcher. My launcher is fine.

I tried moving a few apps to the phone, rebooted, and put them in folders again to see if this helped. It did not. Even apps installed to the phone disappear from homescreen folders after a reboot. The only app that stays put is "RealDices(3D)". I also have some apps that are just on the homescreen and NOT in folders. All these stay put except for one which disappears with a reboot too.

This is the only problem I'm having with this ROM. Everything else is perfect. (I even like the new reboot options) I'm not sure if this has to do with Apps2SD or not. I asked this question on two other threads and got no response or people trying to tell me to restart the launcher. Thanks for any help.

2. ytwokc5

ytwokc5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried Apps Organizer in the market? I have used it for some time. Functionally it will accomplish the same thing as folders on your homescreen. I have had zero issues with my apps organizer "folders" and their contents disappearing.

3. C3-PO

C3-PO Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Current Phone Model:
    LG V10
    Thanks, I'll try that.

4. Fulle

Fulle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to tell ya'... I actually am getting to hate this Apps to SD non-sense. Every ROM I've tried with it (several), have had related issues.

We've all seen the Launcher stuff. Hell, it makes LauncherPro my choice due to the reboot option in it's settings... which is a requirement after every system reboot.... But then there's the other weirdness.

Like apps going missing after you mount the SD. Not just icons missing, but just gone... needing to be re-installed. And not always just apps installed to the SD card either? What the hell?! I've heard a report or 2 claiming running debugging mode helps with that... but... what the hell?!

What I really want is a new, polished Froyo ROM without Apps to SD. Not just set to install to the phone by default, but missing the feature entirely. Seriously. I see absolutely no need for Apps to SD anyway, and I'm just sick of the bugs. Every Froyo ROM with Apps to SD enabled has a bajillion "OMG, my apps are hosed" posts related to Apps to SD.

I've heard of this folder problem, but never any solutions...

Requesting Froyo ROM without apps to SD, and the 2.1 mount notification... The obnoxious big color changing droid they made for the retarded general public is unnecessary.... and so is more app install space, when I can already install several hundred... I mean, what am I doing? Downloading the whole goddamn market?

Sorry, I guess I wasn't very helpful... just venting a bit.

5. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1). Is this a problem for ALL roms based on Froyo? I've seen it mentioned a few times, but haven't been keeping track. I don't use folders, so I never noticed.

2). Does it happen if you disable SD installs? I don't mean moving apps back to the phone, I mean running "pm setInstallLocation 0" and resetting things back to normal - and changing the startup script to not set them to the SD by default.

I'll try making a folder on my phone right now and drop a few apps in it and see what happens.

6. stark23x

stark23x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    THIS.

I moved all my apps back to the phone and shut off Apps2SD for now. It's just not ready to be used regularly. Or at all, really.

7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7+ 256gb
    I have yet to see a use for apps2sd personally...But I don't use 100 apps...

8. schollianmj

schollianmj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree! that is one thing that was really great about Windows Mobile... a lot of the Devs would release a "Kitchen" where some punk like me could download it and then modify it to our liking. they were all GUI based as in run kitchen, and then simply select or de-select what we wanted or didnt want. I would normally grab kitchens from multiple devs and then pick and choose, combining parts that I liked from multiple devs to make my own personalized ROM.

Sadly I know absolutely nothing about making my own ROM. I havent a clue what it is that Pete, Koush, BGill and all the rest do to make the ROMs so snappy. but I really wish I could combine aspects of each into my own... Not for distrubution, just for personall use.

And yes, aps2sd would be the first thing to get tossed out like last nights hooker!

9. Se7enLC

Se7enLC Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    See the links in my signature. Not quite a kitchen, more like a replacement sink and fridge offered individually for install, but it might meet your needs. Disabling sd installs was the first thing on my list, too.

10. schollianmj

schollianmj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea, Ive already gone through them se7en.... :) what im talking about is being able to take Cyanogenmod, Buggless Beast, Simply Stunning, and red rum chaos, and grab bits of each and creat a custom ROM with all the things I like from each ROM. sadly right now I cant rally think of anything that the ROMS have that others dont that i want.... im just looking for a smooth reaponsive rom. and I seem to have BB .2.1 running pretty good... Still a few things I wish werked better, but hey, Im not a dev so I really shouldnt complain. :p