1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

I'm Back! v2 Linux SDK/ADB auto installer

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by LrdElderon, Jun 1, 2010.

1. LrdElderon

LrdElderon New Member

Well I had some personal issues to deal with and kinda fell off my projects I was trying to get started/ finished. One of which was a java based gui installer with a bunch of extras for all os's.

Unfortunatly I haven't gotten far enough in my learning java book, lol, but I did update my script a little bit, tweaked a few spots..etc. It's still a bash script though =(

Note this should work with all current android phones (some new ones I need to add later though) It was also primarily for ubuntu based distros, gnome/kde doesn't matter. I did try to make a fedora / rpm system that worked too but I never got to testing it so it may not work. Ubuntu people will work just fine assuming your system is somewhat up to date. I made this on the lucid beta and final on lucid kubuntu. just so you know what to expect. Oh and don't worry about libs. if you are 32bit already your ok. If you are on a 64 bit system, it will check and auto download the 32bit libs for you.

First Install directions.

1. of course download the script.

2. plug in your phone with debugging on. (don't mount though)

3. run script: Make sure it's executable (chmod +x filename) and then to run just type: sudo ./scriptname.sh obviously scriptname.sh should be changed to the real file name.

Then watch it go!

it will autodownload the sdk, copy to the final dir, unzip, rename, add to global path, add a udev rule for usb based on your user login and phone id from what it reads at the start (which is why your phone has to be plugged in first), then it restarts udev and you should be golden.

4. unplug then replug the phone into the computer (just to make sure it's using the new usb dev rules)

5. try typing: adb devices or adb shell. It should automatically kick in saying starting adb server or deamon... you don't or shouldn't have to start it manually. If it didn't work you may have to reboot for the new Path and rules to take effect. then replug phone again and try adb once more.

Thats it! if you have issues just send an email or pm to me (email is in the program after it finishes, which is also my paypal if you wish to donate, not required, I'm just happy to help)

Your sdk folder is /usr/local/androidsdk (ie adb is in/usr/local/androidsdk/tools/adb)

PLEASE NOTE THAT USING THIS MEANS YOU AGREE TO ALL TERMS OF SERVICE BY GOOGLE FOR USING THIS SDK... putting that out there since I kinda by passed that stupid yes or no button. (hope I don't get into trouble, lol).

FILE DOWNLOADS HERE:
    Mediafire link: linux_sdk_adb-installer_v2.sh
    sendspace link: Download linux_sdk_adb-installer_v2.sh from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Enjoy! I hope to make this a more comprehensive installer once I get some more java knowledge under my belt.
  2. chazall1

chazall1 New Member

I posted in your older post

I posted my expierence in your older post, If you read my onformation can you assist. Thanks
  3. chazall1

chazall1 New Member

Nice

I got everything functioning. Adb is nice once you learn how to get around in it.
    Nice Script!

A+
  4. tecnologyman

tecnologyman New Member

Nice job man, it really works fine, saves me a lot of time compared from the normal method. Again great job. :)
  5. DamW_Dan

DamW_Dan New Member

Thank you very much for that tut man !

Something that could come handy :
    If typing adb shell or adb device doesn't work, try typing :
    # /etc/init.d/udev restart
    # service udev restart
    Worked for me, didn't have to reboot.
Search tags for this page
adb server installer
droid explorer fedora

droid explorer ubuntu