I'm back - Got my P2 XL

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
After a three year absences I'm finally back on Android. Loving this P2 XL. So smooth and zippy. Android P is running great. Still trying to get reaquainted. But it's all coming back to me.

Gotta say quite a bit has changed over the few years. And for the better.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm loving Pie. Currently running it on both my pixel and 2XL. And since I've been running the betas I'm already use to the navigation bar.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After a three year absences I'm finally back on Android. Loving this P2 XL. So smooth and zippy. Android P is running great. Still trying to get reaquainted. But it's all coming back to me.

Hey, welcome back! Glad to see you still around!

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Guess I wasn't the only one who needed a new phone. It's like a reunion.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Thanks guys. The more I use this phone the more I love it. Pure Android but so easy to use. I actually got my girlfriend to switch too. She has been die hard Apple. I tried to get her on Android once before and she hated it. She got a Pixel 2 the other day and loves it. Oh and my daughter, who was also die hard Apple, got a P2 XL back in June and she loves it too. Her husband has one as well. I think that might have had something to do with it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Thanks guys. The more I use this phone the more I love it. Pure Android but so easy to use. I actually got my girlfriend to switch too. She has been die hard Apple. I tried to get her on Android once before and she hated it. She got a Pixel 2 the other day and loves it. Oh and my daughter, who was also die hard Apple, got a P2 XL back in June and she loves it too. Her husband has one as well. I think that might have had something to do with it.

Awesome .. family is in good hands... did you get all your accessories? or still shopping?

LG G7

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
If I'm not mistaken, you dabbled in Android before. Since you have your new phone, any desire to get back into that?
Dabbled as in rooting and flashing? Yes I did. I've been here since the early days. All the way back to the OG Droid. And no not really interested in going down that road again. I used to do that to get function and performance enhancements. Perfectly happy as is. And I enjoy having a fully functioning bug free phone. Which is the reason I jumped to iOS with the Lollipop update. Totally borked my LG G3.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Awesome .. family is in good hands... did you get all your accessories? or still shopping?

LG G7
So far I've bought two cases. My old stand by. The Spigen Rugged Armor. This is the third phone I have had one on. Also picked up the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Awesome looking case. It just fits way too tight. I feel like I'm gonna break my phone taking it off.

Also picked up some Anker 6' usb-c to usb cables to use with my leftover Apple wall warts.

Screen protector? Ugh. I had been running Supershieldz tempered glass on my 7+. Awesome product. Well the curved screen kills that idea. I have no interest in those 3D protectors with no adhesive on the screen area. Found a non 3D on Amazon and while it installed great it cuts through the sides and corner of the screen. Not really noticeable if you are looking at the center. But it's distracting on light screens. Picked up an IQ Sheild film protector to try out next. If that's a fail I may just have to pony up for the Whitestone.

I just don't understand why they can't make the curved protectors with adhesive on the sides and face of the screen.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So far I've bought two cases. My old stand by. The Spigen Rugged Armor. This is the third phone I have had one on. Also picked up the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Awesome looking case. It just fits way too tight. I feel like I'm gonna break my phone taking it off.

Also picked up some Anker 6' usb-c to usb cables to use with my leftover Apple wall warts.

Screen protector? Ugh. I had been running Supershieldz tempered glass on my 7+. Awesome product. Well the curved screen kills that idea. I have no interest in those 3D protectors with no adhesive on the screen area. Found a non 3D on Amazon and while it installed great it cuts through the sides and corner of the screen. Not really noticeable if you are looking at the center. But it's distracting on light screens. Picked up an IQ Sheild film protector to try out next. If that's a fail I may just have to pony up for the Whitestone.

I just don't understand why they can't make the curved protectors with adhesive on the sides and face of the screen.

Haha you like me with all the stuff picked up ...brother save your money get the WhiteDome best screen protector hands down IMO ....I have it on all my phones ..

iPhone X