I'm back! Did you miss me?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Jim 777, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Well, I'm not surprised. I did a quick little trip, stopping off and visiting Insanenemisis and then Cyanogen. All are pretty quick and I get things set up the way I like it so what was the big differences for me?

BB rarely FC's anything but kind of laggy in LauncherPro coming back up and things like the phone ringing upon an incoming call and sometimes goes to VM by the time the screen comes on. Also, it takes the longest to boot up.

Insane was OK too, not quite as laggy and I didn't mod the notBar but Four Square never worked, FC'ing when you click on a location. I use it often, so Insane is out, but I backed up anyway.

Cyanogen, like Insane, I didn't mod the notBar just the dialer and Settings apps. Not laggy at all (that was nice!) but Shapewriter keyboard kept FC'ing and that I can't have. I type so much faster that it's a must have. Anyone no where to find Swipe? Is it even still available? Shapwriter is no longer on the market :( Another irritating thing about Cyan, is every time an app is granted superuser permissions, there's a floating pop-up that blocks view of part of the screen. That got old fast.

So I'm back to BB and searching for the speed without the lagginess and still my favorite looking since I've modded so much ;)

2. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Every time LP uodates it's a hit or miss whether it'll be smooth or laggy... the latest update he just put out stuttered slightly, so nandroided back to the previous version which was on that BB v0.4 backup and all's smooth as silk...

Only other funny thing for me is that systeminfo widget says it's FC'ing after coming out of the dock clock, even though it doesn't force close at all...

3. Diordna

Diordna Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone try a BB vs Sapphire comparison?

4. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    why do a backup of launcher pro when the dev has all previous versions readily available on his webpage?

i still dont understand why boot time matters to anyone...are you constantly turning your phone off?

5. ucannvrhav2mchpi

ucannvrhav2mchpi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    here is swype beta but it says registration is closed for now. Swype | Text Input for Screens
    if you want i can send you the swype.apk if you can get it to work with your phone.
    and i believe your cyanogenmod problem is with the new version of the superuser app, try switching to the older 2.1.

6. Phatdaddyz01

Phatdaddyz01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  7. ASN-121

ASN-121 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried reinstalling this a bit ago, and every time I try the swiping feature, it tells me the beta has expired. :(

8. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
  9. c_hale22

c_hale22 Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    I am running CM6 and also see Shapewritter FC' ing alot....

10. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Seems to be only on that ROM (Of the ones I've tried)