IM App..don't think my last one posted right

booga1eye

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got my Droid, and we had to reset it because the previous owner very stupidly hacked it. it's working fine now, but I seem to have lost my IM app.

The app that was installed on the phone looked and acted just like the normal Verizon IM app. Same icon and everything. I didn't think the Droid came with this app normally installed but it's gone now. I can't seem to find it in the app market.

I'm running IM+ now, but don't like it much.

Can anyone help me find this app please, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Drew

motodroid34

Reaction score
Hello,

I just got my Droid, and we had to reset it because the previous owner very stupidly hacked it. it's working fine now, but I seem to have lost my IM app.

The app that was installed on the phone looked and acted just like the normal Verizon IM app. Same icon and everything. I didn't think the Droid came with this app normally installed but it's gone now. I can't seem to find it in the app market.

I'm running IM+ now, but don't like it much.

Can anyone help me find this app please, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Drew

Huuuu?????????? I think he was very smart.:icon_ banana:dancedroid

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum !

Here ya go :D put this in the downloads folder on your sdcard and rename it from IM.zip to IM.apk. Go to settings>>>applications and check the "unknown sources" box. Open astro file manager >>>>downloads>>select the im.apk - hit open app manager and then install :D

motodroid34

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum !

Here ya go :D put this in the downloads folder on your sdcard and rename it from IM.zip to IM.apk. Go to settings>>>applications and check the "unknown sources" box. Open astro file manager >>>>downloads>>select the im.apk - hit open app manager and then install :D

I was going to that for you but to late.

Welcome to the forum. :icon_ banana:dancedroid

OP
B

booga1eye

Reaction score
okay, kinda feeling dumb. I followed the directions, but when I go to install it from Astro, it starts to install then stops and just says "Application not installed". now I noticed that my com.android.im file is gone now.

Am I doing something wrong?

darklipslide

Reaction score
okay, kinda feeling dumb. I followed the directions, but when I go to install it from Astro, it starts to install then stops and just says "Application not installed". now I noticed that my com.android.im file is gone now.

Am I doing something wrong?

I can also report that the apk doesn't install for me either