im an idiot and heres why

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Ok so earlier today I decided it was in my best interest to loan my sd card to my brother to install some files directly onto his phone. Upon him handing me the sdcard I dropped it in water. Point and question of the story I have all my original backups of my stock rom on the card. Im runnning Cyanagon now but would like to go back to stock Sense for just this weekend. Is there ANY way if the card wont mount or read anything?

Last edited:

Moondonkey

Reaction score
water usually does nothing to sd cards

+1 for this.

I have washed many cards and thumb drives... hasn't killed any of them.

Also, I used to work at a camera shop and had many customers do the same... never heard of one dying.

although, this doesnt mean its not possible.

cromo8

Reaction score
water usually does nothing to sd cards

+1 for this.

I have washed many cards and thumb drives... hasn't killed any of them.

Also, I used to work at a camera shop and had many customers do the same... never heard of one dying.

although, this doesnt mean its not possible.
true and it is because it uses no electricity on its own cuz its flash memory, now if you use it while its wet, now thats a different story

OP
Weapondrift

Weapondrift

Reaction score
Its just an odd situation to begin with
1) ive never had excellent luck when it comes to electronics. Heck I bought the xbox 360 when it forst came out and as soon as I took it from the lady al Wally World I dropped it on the floor breaking it.
2) Im guessing when i dropped it into the water something possably adhered onto it and thats why it couldnt mount.

Idk either way it made me lose sleep seeing how I couldnt figure it out.

Adecker

Reaction score
My SD card has gotten washed 3 times, and dropped in water twice...still works fine...