I'm a new guy

Diordna

Reaction score
Ok so yeah my first post/ thread.

I have been reading this sites forums about the Droid for hours and I read a lot from addicting apps to problems people face with the phone to everything else this phone provides.
I personally do not have the phone yet but I will be getting it and I've watched a lot of reviews on youtube and read a lot around the web too to tell me I'm making one of the best choices ever.
Btw I have some crapy flip phone from MetroPCS right now so it's going to be a lot better I know.

But for this specific thread, just wondering all in all about this device. Maybe I've read to much negative thing on this site like the problems people have with it but seems like most problems got fixed so I'm glad I found this site.
I can't wait to get it and also wondering if getting it you guys use it a LOT. Not just the first week but still use it a lot for games and even nice apps like My Coupons to save money in stores and browsing ect.

One more thing so far. I really don't feel like having trouble with buying it and I want it the cheapest I can get. I heard that the wirefly sell on this device is one if not the best. Anyone else buy it from here or at least know if it's a good idea because thats what I've been thinking of doing.

Here:

Special Offer

Anyways, really hope to get a nice un-hassling healthy Droid soon and be in the hopeful awesome experiences everyone else is having.

-Cody

Reaction score
I've not dealt with Wirefly, so I can't tell you about that.

I can tell you that I've found only a few minor things with the Droid that are annoying, but nothing major. I would have to say the two things that are the worst about the Droid/Android platform:

1) The lack of games that take advantage of what the Droid can do. The hardware is impressive, the processor and screen are great, but there aren't any jaw-dropping games.... yet. I suspect some will be out in the next year or two since android 2.0 and droid are so new. There are lots of fun games, just not a lot of games with amazing graphics.

2) The hours of time I have lost of my life..... spend playing with this phone and learning about it. It is not only a great tool, but a fun toy!

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Oh finally some reply! Thanks!
I understand about the graphics, it is quite a hardware on this device.
And as for the hours you lost, I'm excited to do that to haha

It seems like it's going to be hard to get use to everything but I think I'll manage.

I have to make a gmail account or something right?
I don't understand the synching thing to well. I know it saves your contacts and what not and if you lose them you can synch them back in.
Thanks

get quad

Reaction score
Only going to get greater over the following months :greendroid:

BlueBus

Reaction score
That is the great thing about the synching, you don't have to understand it. It just happens.

vzwdroidtech

Reaction score
Ok so yeah my first post/ thread.

I have been reading this sites forums about the Droid for hours and I read a lot from addicting apps to problems people face with the phone to everything else this phone provides.
I personally do not have the phone yet but I will be getting it and I've watched a lot of reviews on youtube and read a lot around the web too to tell me I'm making one of the best choices ever.
Btw I have some crapy flip phone from MetroPCS right now so it's going to be a lot better I know.

But for this specific thread, just wondering all in all about this device. Maybe I've read to much negative thing on this site like the problems people have with it but seems like most problems got fixed so I'm glad I found this site.
I can't wait to get it and also wondering if getting it you guys use it a LOT. Not just the first week but still use it a lot for games and even nice apps like My Coupons to save money in stores and browsing ect.

One more thing so far. I really don't feel like having trouble with buying it and I want it the cheapest I can get. I heard that the wirefly sell on this device is one if not the best. Anyone else buy it from here or at least know if it's a good idea because thats what I've been thinking of doing.

Here:

Special Offer

Anyways, really hope to get a nice un-hassling healthy Droid soon and be in the hopeful awesome experiences everyone else is having.

-Cody

The only negative about not buying from a corporate store is the inability to get a new replacement on the spot if something is wrong in the first 30 days. Other than that, have a ball...

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the tech is right.. if you have issues, you will likely find it hard to get help or a replacement. BUT, you might not need it, most of us didn't ;)

welcome to the machine!

crspang

Reaction score
Check out the VZW website to see what they would be willing to sell it for, I got mine for $149 from there with instant rebates and discounts.
Also keep in mind that people that have problems with their phones tend to post about it, those are not the majority! If everyone was having trouble/issues with the DROID it would not be approaching 1million units sold.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've had mine since day 1 and i'm still spending hours with it everyday.

unlike benjamin crist said the games with great graphics ARE starting to trickle in. i have 4 or 5 with GREAT AMAZING graphics.

Magdroid

Reaction score
Any issue I've had with the Droid has been resolved. Hardware issues are easily taken care of by Verizon. They replace the phone, and it has solved any hardware issue I've had. (only 1..random reboots). Software issues get fixed in Over The Air updates. They have had 1 so far, and it has been very successful. Another is scheduled in january. The thing you will love about this phone is it will be updated continuously and fixed. No issues. And games ARE now coming out that take advantage of the processor. Toon Wars for example.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Ok sweet deal guys lol
Got pretty positive responses.

There is a youtube video called like Droid Issues or something and the guy loves the phone and stuff but he sent it back cause it is bad at being a phone. Like I guess it's hard to end calls he said??
And like there isn't no green or red visible call buttons and such. I personally don't talk on phone a lot so idc about this anyways lol
Im a texter, and I heard great things from Swype

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok sweet deal guys lol

There is a youtube video called like Droid Issues or something and the guy loves the phone and stuff but he sent it back cause it is bad at being a phone. Like I guess it's hard to end calls he said??
And like there isn't no green or red visible call buttons and such. I personally don't talk on phone a lot so idc about this anyways lol

The Droid is a great phone. I really have not experienced any problems in hearing people or having people hear me. As far as an on off button, it's on the screen, the moment you pull the phone away from your face the screen lights up and then you have your hang up button. There is a call button you push for making calls. Further, when someone hangs up the call ends automatically so I don't know what that guy is talking about.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
Ok sweet deal guys lol

The Droid is a great phone. I really have not experienced any problems in hearing people or having people hear me. As far as an on off button, it's on the screen, the moment you pull the phone away from your face the screen lights up and then you have your hang up button. There is a call button you push for making calls. Further, when someone hangs up the call ends automatically so I don't know what that guy is talking about.

lol gotcha. Either do I then @.@
Thanks!

I just really want the freaking phone lol

sal33n

Reaction score
If you love to tinker with stuff than this phone is for you. Yes it has it's issues. I personally cannot stand the keyboard. I never use it cuz I have to try to use my fingernails since the keys are so small and I have average sized hands. But all in all I enjoy this phone. It is so much more than a phone. there is plenty you can personalize. And also there are quite a few apps that u can find that are just amazing. Shazam, Shopsavvy, Sportstap, and not to mention the built in GPS with google maps which is fricken awesome.

OP
Diordna

Diordna

Reaction score
If you love to tinker with stuff than this phone is for you. Yes it has it's issues. I personally cannot stand the keyboard. I never use it cuz I have to try to use my fingernails since the keys are so small and I have average sized hands. But all in all I enjoy this phone. It is so much more than a phone. there is plenty you can personalize. And also there are quite a few apps that u can find that are just amazing. Shazam, Shopsavvy, Sportstap, and not to mention the built in GPS with google maps which is fricken awesome.

Thank you, do you mind explaining what Shazam and stopsavvy does?
Also I heard the My Coupon app is pretty helpful