I'm a new Crackberry convert!!! Hi all!

nexusnrg

Reaction score
Just recently (2 days ago) converted from my crackberry to android. Picked up the new Droid 3 and it rocks.

This is an awesome forum, I really like how it's laid out and the things you can do with it.

Jimmy

sqchram

Reaction score
Welcome. Never had a blackberry myself. Could you compare the differences youve found? What did you use your old phone for and what do you hope to use your new one for?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Its a big difference from BB. there are Pros and cons thou. But once u go Android, there's no turning back

Nas

Reaction score
Welcome, best thing about the blackberry was the keyboard. And battery of course

Sent from my I500 using DroidForums

OP
nexusnrg

nexusnrg

Reaction score
Welcome. Never had a blackberry myself. Could you compare the differences youve found? What did you use your old phone for and what do you hope to use your new one for?

Thanks for the greeting sqcharm...

I don't think I have enough time to sit here and compare lol. There are far too many. Seriously though, I went from a standard clam-shell phone like the razr to a windows me phone with qwerty keyboard to the blackberry and now to the droid 3.

I got the windows phone and hated it! Then it died on me after a year. I went to get a replacement and they were out, so I just upgraded to the Blackberry Tour. It doesn't have wifi. I liked the bb a lot better than any phone previously, unlike the windows phone it was real easy to place and receive calls. the keyboard is nice and the trackball didn't give me too much headache.

I was longing for an android for some time now, and was going to get the galaxy S but when I played with it I didn't like the errors I made with the onscreen keyboard. I knew right then that if I upgraded the phone would have to have a qwerty. Friend of mine let me play with his droid2 and I fell in love within 10 seconds.

So for the past couple of weeks I had been catching up on the droid market and decided to get the droid3. This phone is 100 times better than the blackberry.

1080p HD video/camera with front and back camera. qwerty keyboard with the numerics across the top. operating the touch screen is very easy, I've become quite comfortable with it over the last 24 hours now.

I guess the biggest differences are much larger screen, portrait and landscape mode, the app selection is far superior, wifi-n, hd video/pictures.

Hope that gave you some what of an idea.

OP
nexusnrg

nexusnrg

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Its a big difference from BB. there are Pros and cons thou. But once u go Android, there's no turning back

There's truth in that statement. Right now I can only see the pros. My bb had a horrible battery life as well and that was with the extended battery. I usually don't go too far away from my car or home, or a place where I can plug in.

I don't think I'm going to go back to blackberry after this.
Jimmy

OP
nexusnrg

nexusnrg

Reaction score
Welcome, best thing about the blackberry was the keyboard. And battery of course

Thanks Nas....

Yeah it took a little bit at first to get use to the bb keyboard but once I got it, it became second nature to use it. I'm trying to keep my running apps at a minimum on the droid3 and not running wifi or gps unless I have to to help keep the power from draining too long. Extended batteries are so small I can just slip one in my wallet and have it with me when on the go.

OP
nexusnrg

nexusnrg

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome I appreciate it very much .

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Nas

Reaction score

Thanks Nas....

Yeah it took a little bit at first to get use to the bb keyboard but once I got it, it became second nature to use it. I'm trying to keep my running apps at a minimum on the droid3 and not running wifi or gps unless I have to to help keep the power from draining too long. Extended batteries are so small I can just slip one in my wallet and have it with me when on the go.

Best way to keep battery good on the driod is to lower the brightness when you don't need it. Driod screens hog alot of juice. Try the brightness profiles from the app world. And also look into and extended battery for you driod 3

sqchram

Reaction score

Thanks Nas....

Best way to keep battery good on the driod is to lower the brightness when you don't need it. Driod screens hog alot of juice. Try the brightness profiles from the app world. And also look into and extended battery for you driod 3

Turning down screen brightness has generally been sound advice but not so with the pentile screen on the droid 3. Have a look in the droid 3 general section and the thread titled battery life. Users are getting 2-10% battery drain from the screen. The top two are standby and idle. Oh and also disable global antenna and just use cdma for better battery performance. Many users are getting over 12 hours and you should too.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score

Thanks Nas....

I was reading this aloud for some strange reason and when I got to the part that i highlighted in bold I threw up in my mouth alittle!!!!!!

Set your screen to auto brightness and it will do everything you need it to on its on. and we don't have an app world!

Btw if you don't have the new market yet you should definitively get it.