I'm a big noob -- HTC Resound stuck on white HTC boot screen?

mavega

Reaction score
Basically, my HTC Resound is hanging up on the white "HTC" bootup screen and I'm wondering how I could fix this problem by connecting the phone to my computer via USB.

I've read the threads about this issue, but you all speak with very technical jargon and you use an awful lot of acronyms and terminology.

Could someone please take some time to explain the process of resetting the phone to factory via a phone-to-computer USB connection?.. I would be forever grateful -- thanks so much!!!

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Are you stock? Unlocked? Rooted? Custom rom?

Did you try booting into hboot (pull battery then reinsert and power on device holding power button and volume down) and try factory reset there?

OP
M

mavega

Reaction score
Are you stock? Unlocked? Rooted? Custom rom?

Did you try booting into hboot (pull battery then reinsert and power on device holding power button and volume down) and try factory reset there?

It's fully stock. I tried what you said and it worked, wow! I'm gonna try messing around with it and I'll update you, thank you so much!

OP
M

mavega

Reaction score
When I attempt the factory reset, it gives me a red triangle with an exclamation point.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Did this problem start after you took the most recent OTA?

acejavelin

Reaction score
This can be a SIM issue, try removing the SIM and powering up, go into Mobile Networks and toggle to GSM (or something other than LTE/CDMA) then wait a minute and toggle back... power down and reinsert SIM and power up, if its a SIM issue it should clear it up or a new SIM might be necessary.