I'll not be buying gas from BP ever again.

OP
SpykeZ

SpykeZ

Reaction score
oil_spill.jpg

rdburke

Reaction score
I'll admit this oil spill is gut wrenching but I don't care much for boycotts, but after this.....this has gone too far, I'll never buy gas from BP ever again..

BP Chief Executive Says Gulf Oil Spill Will Lead To Record Profits | Alexander Higgins Blog

I don't think I have ever purchased gas at a BP station. The price is always higher that other stations in my region and unless some of the independent stations sell BP gas I'm clean. This is one disaster that we will be paying for the rest of our lives. All it's gonna cost BP is a few million dollars which they will earn back in a few hours. If a drop of oil can kill all the mosquitoes in a swimming pool, just think what millions of gallons are doing to our oceans.

psrumors

Reaction score
Obama Admin,. BP finally accept Dutch offer of help in Gulf | Politicallore.com/blog

The embassy got a nice letter from the administration that said, ‘Thanks, but no thanks,’” said Geert Visser, consul general for the Netherlands in Houston.

Now, almost seven weeks later, as the oil spewing from the battered well spreads across the Gulf and soils pristine beaches and coastline, BP and our government have reconsidered.

U.S. ships are being outfitted this week with four pairs of the skimming booms airlifted from the Netherlands and should be deployed within days. Each pair can process 5 million gallons of water a day, removing 20,000 tons of oil and sludge.

At that rate, how much more oil could have been removed from the Gulf during the past month?

The uncoordinated response to an offer of assistance has become characteristic of this disaster’s response. Too often, BP and the government don’t seem to know what the other is doing, and the response has seemed too slow and too confused.