IKEA Will Release Wireless Charging Furniture In The US Soon!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have never really understood or had a reason for using wireless charging. I guess it is kind of neat that you can set your phone down on a pad and not have to worry about plugging the phone in. The only thing is you still have a wire coming from the wall and your phone still has to sit in that one place while it charges. It is only slightly more convenient.

What IKEA has up their sleeves seems much more appealing than a simple QI charge pad. They are gearing up to release some furniture with built in wireless charging! This is awesome. The one piece of furniture that really peaked my interest is a lamp with a built in table that will charge your device. I set my phone down on the end table all the time. It would be pretty awesome if when i did my phone would start to charge! IKEA has been working on this project for some time now. IKEA says it will release the furniture in the Spring. They will also have wireless charging cases for non wireless charging phones. The case will enable your non wireless charging capable phone to work with the furniture. Head to the link below for more info.

via IKEA

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just remember, wireless charging is not that great for humans and you should not have such a device in very close proximity to you.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just remember, wireless charging is not that great for humans and you should not have such a device in very close proximity to you.
Well, first since wireless chargers don't activate until you place the device on the charger, they are not emitting any electromagnetic radiation. Second, the amount of power going through them is far less than your typical household appliances, most of which have large electromagnetic radiation being produced by 110 volt AC transformers (220 in Europe I believe) used to step down the voltage to lower voltages. If there were going to be any problem with electromagnetic radiation in the home, I'd be far more concerned with the Transformers in those household appliances than the tiny coil and 5 volts DC running through wireless charging pads.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, first since wireless chargers don't activate until you place the device on the charger, they are not emitting any electromagnetic radiation. Second, the amount of power going through them is far less than your typical household appliances, most of which have large electromagnetic radiation being produced by 110 volt AC transformers (220 in Europe I believe) used to step down the voltage to lower voltages. If there were going to be any problem with electromagnetic radiation in the home, I'd be far more concerned with the Transformers in those household appliances than the tiny coil and 5 volts DC running through wireless charging pads.

Wireless charger manufacturers warn users to remain a certain distance from them. I don't see those same warnings for devices with transformers.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL....if you're buying IKEA furniture, because of wireless charging or otherwise, you need a decorator.

jplemt

Reaction score
I just picture the scene from Futurama in my head with the robot delivering the Pikea super collider and the line... "Enjoy your affordable Svedish crap"