-II- Your Perfect Smartphone? -II-

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2jepfs4.jpg

Hey what's up, guys?! Thought it was time for yet another little article on here to get us thinking!

Todays topic is pretty simple I suppose, which is, What is YOUR perfect or ideal Smartphone? While this may seem like a simple question, it's actually pretty hard to think of what you would want in your phone if you had the chance to personalize your own. So take your time and let us know what would be your dream phone! You don't have to pick a phone like the Nexus or HTC One S/X and change a few things, make it your own and let's have some fun. :)

I'll go first.

I'd like a 4.7″ to 5.3" if it comes with a stylus, HD Super LCD2 display, a navy-ish blue or white polycarbonate coating, 8-12MP camera with a similar look to the Note or even a cross of the HTC One X and Nokia Lumia 900. Also, curve the display like on the Galaxy Nexus with 4 on-screen softkeys. This needs to be 4G LTE. I can pass on global capabilities but it'd be nice to have just in case. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 dual-core chip - this thing is CRAZY. Headphone jack on the bottom of the phone. Give me 32GB of storage internally with expandable storage and Google Drive pre-installed. At least 1GB of RAM. Put the lock switch on the right side, volume rocker on the left. Put in at least a 3300mAh battery like the RAZR MAXX in it and keep it under 10mm thick. An MHL port would be nice, along with a pin connector for docking. At least a 2MP camera in the front with HD video chat, just in case I ever feel like using it.. which isn't too likely. Build wireless charging into it. Unlockable bootloader. Stock Android. And.. a free slushy with my purchase.

Now, let the posting begin! You do not have to go as in-depth as me.

Like my articles/posts? Follow me on Twitter! - BlackBlizzNerd(or just click my signature).

Last edited:

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like your thinking but give me 2gb of ram and a 5" screen. Anything larger and my wee little hands can't hold it.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Dream phone? Okay here goes....

Built by a Motorola who likes unlocked devices
Vanilla ICS
4.5 inch screen, super lcd2
2800 mAh batt or larger
Size does not matter
A dual core Cortex-A15 based proc on 28 nm process running 1.6 ghz or faster, using a bus system akin to intel's QPI or amd's hypertransport
2 GB ram, if QPI or HT is not cloneable then lpddr3@1066 mhz
Coupled with a quad core (or some variant/successor with more execution units and a higher clock) mali-400 with a direct bus to the CPU

I'm really hoping that Intel's forray into smartphone/mobile hardware takes off. The medfield soc is just a baby and looks promising.

Sent from my Droid2Global on CM7.1 nightlies, along with
Jakebyte mods, angel's tweaks, custom prop mods
-Kaw Kaw-

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dream phone? Okay here goes....

Built by a Motorola who likes unlocked devices
Vanilla ICS
4.5 inch screen, super lcd2
2800 mAh batt or larger
Size does not matter
A dual core Cortex-A15 based proc on 28 nm process running 1.6 ghz or faster, using a bus system akin to intel's QPI or amd's hypertransport
2 GB ram, if QPI or HT is not cloneable then lpddr3@1066 mhz
Coupled with a quad core (or some variant/successor with more execution units and a higher clock) mali-400 with a direct bus to the CPU

I'm really hoping that Intel's forray into smartphone/mobile hardware takes off. The medfield soc is just a baby and looks promising.

Sent from my Droid2Global on CM7.1 nightlies, along with
Jakebyte mods, angel's tweaks, custom prop mods
-Kaw Kaw-
Ah, now that's an awesome phone! Thanks for sharing!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My perfect phone:

Unlocked
Slide or pop out QWERTY full keyboard
4G if I have to
4"-4.7" Pentile Super LCD2
1.5GHz+ dual processor, hopefully something newly created by TI
1-2GB of RAM
Global would be nice, as I would like to travel someday

I still haven't found that phone that excited me like the A855. I don't know that there will be another.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
2jepfs4.jpg

Hey what's up, guys?! Thought it was time for yet another little article on here to get us thinking!

Todays topic is pretty simple I suppose, which is, What is YOUR perfect or ideal Smartphone? While this may seem like a simple question, it's actually pretty hard to think of what you would want in your phone if you had the chance to personalize your own. So take your time and let us know what would be your dream phone! You don't have to pick a phone like the Nexus or HTC One S/X and change a few things, make it your own and let's have some fun. :)

I'll go first.

I'd like a 4.7″ to 5.3" if it comes with a stylus, HD Super LCD2 display, a navy-ish blue or white polycarbonate coating, 8-12MP camera with a similar look to the Note or even a cross of the HTC One X and Nokia Lumia 900. Also, curve the display like on the Galaxy Nexus with 4 on-screen softkeys. This needs to be 4G LTE. I can pass on global capabilities but it'd be nice to have just in case. Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 dual-core chip - this thing is CRAZY. Headphone jack on the bottom of the phone. Give me 32GB of storage internally with expandable storage and Google Drive pre-installed. At least 1GB of RAM. Put the lock switch on the right side, volume rocker on the left. Put in at least a 3300mAh battery like the RAZR MAXX in it and keep it under 10mm thick. An MHL port would be nice, along with a pin connector for docking. At least a 2MP camera in the front with HD video chat, just in case I ever feel like using it.. which isn't too likely. Build wireless charging into it. Unlockable bootloader. Stock Android. And.. a free slushy with my purchase.

Now, let the posting begin! You do not have to go as in-depth as me.

Like my articles/posts? Follow me on Twitter! - BlackBlizzNerd(or just click my signature).

The above with motorola radios and a solid motorola build, that screen or the Htc one X screen, Bose quality sound (but Ill accept beats), unlocked, and a bluetooth qwerty mini keyboard that you can change how it lights up (ie alianware style). And definitely wanting the 3300 razr maxx battery. Unlocked and basically a nexus.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine would be simple to explain. Great radios, very stable and well laid out.

However mine would be on a platform that you can buy upgrades, or expand on if you will. So when new tech came out, instead of a new phone, you simply put the faster processor, or plug the new screen in...

As far as OS, it would be android. If i could make a wish on that, it would be able to be used to write its own variants of android.

It would use static from your hands to help charge the battery when not on a charger....

Oh sorry, was this open to imagining??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine would be simple to explain. Great radios, very stable and well laid out.

However mine would be on a platform that you can buy upgrades, or expand on if you will. So when new tech came out, instead of a new phone, you simply put the faster processor, or plug the new screen in...

As far as OS, it would be android. If i could make a wish on that, it would be able to be used to write its own variants of android.

It would use static from your hands to help charge the battery when not on a charger....

Oh sorry, was this open to imagining??

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!
Loving the idea of being able to upgrade some hardware!

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless there's an optimization for it in the near future.