Ignorance w/ Launcher Pro

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
If I didn't install any apps that needed access to functions on my phone, it'd be a pretty useless $600 pile of $hit.

Well said. :)

sent via subspace radio

harrellj

Reaction score
One other thing to think about, on Android, we know what permissions are required. On iPhones, we don't get that option and have to trust that Apple will vet apps carefully (and considering they let a "flashlight" app through that allowed tethering instead....). I'd rather make my own decisions.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ignorance w/ Permissions
Fixed the thread title for you. You might want to read up a bit more on permissions to see why any launcher would need these. Don't assume that you fully understand permissions just by their title. It's not always that straightforward.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Alright I think we get the point, the OP wasn't trying to be rude or condescending in any way, rather he was trying to be helpful. Let's not turn this into a 3 day flame fest, let's not turn droidforums into a place where guests and noobs feel unwelcome.

Azurikai

Reaction score
like said above, there is absolutely nothing wrong with LauncherPro. half of the applications that you download have access to a lot of junk on your phone, because they need it to run certain features. and they're only programmed to do those features, not steal information. no need for app phobia.