If you're thinking about flashing Liberty gb 0.7 read this

drinksprite

Reaction score
Here's my opinion on this rom:

The liberty team put a great effort into making 0.7. It looks nice and its smooth but unfortunately it has a few bugs and lacks some major features that were important for me. To name a few, you cant send videos, blur messaging doesnt work, it lacks the video editor, gallery lacks a separate video folder... It's not worth the 5 dollar donation fee yet if u wanna donate just have the rom. Otherwise be like me and donate just for their hard work :). Going back to blur gb.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

media

Reaction score
Id say their hard work doesn't merit a thread telling other people not to use it. With any experimental software you always run a risk of running into a few bugs. I do not feel ripped off whatsoever and I am happy I was able to support the project with a donation. Donations fuel improvements.

Cstryon

Reaction score
Here's my opinion:
It's incomplete. It's a nightly. I like it, it functions, with some bugs. But by all means I believe it's worth the donation, if not for getting to be on early releases, than for all the hard work the liberty team has put in for the droid x/2 community. I'd have donated for 2.0.1, then I ended up finding gb nightlies, icing on the cake!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here's my opinion on this rom:

The liberty team put a great effort into making 0.7. It looks nice and its smooth but unfortunately it has a few bugs and lacks some major features that were important for me. To name a few, you cant send videos, blur messaging doesnt work, it lacks the video editor, gallery lacks a separate video folder... It's not worth the 5 dollar donation fee yet. Going back to blur gb.

Blur messenger works fine on my phone, my gallery has a video folder. I would flash a fresh copy without a wipe. It should take care of some of your unique issues. The bugs for me are minimal. You should post these comments in the liberty gb bugs thread. It will help the devs to resolve them!

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Its like anything, some people like trucks some don't because they prefer a sedan...

I would say to try a previous version to see if you like it and if you do buy the market toolbox for the latest and greatest version.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
Id rather have those issues instead of all the blur and crap that comes with stock. When building roms even the smallest things take a lot of time so you need to understand the donation is for all the time these devs spend trying to create a better experience for everyone. There is a bugs forum to list these kinds of problems and a lot of times there are easy fixes or the devs patch them up pretty quickly.

OP
D

drinksprite

Reaction score
Haha im not anti-donation, ive donated before.

OP
D

drinksprite

Reaction score
A lot of people have been able to do so as wel,l idk why i couldnt.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you find its unique to you, reflash without wiping. Or wipe and reflash. It may mean you have to set up again, but it will be worth it if it fixes your idiosyncrasies

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

CashClay

Reaction score
Id say their hard work doesn't merit a thread telling other people not to use it. With any experimental software you always run a risk of running into a few bugs. I do not feel ripped off whatsoever and I am happy I was able to support the project with a donation. Donations fuel improvements.

What you say is very true. Donations DO fuel improvements...but not nearly as much as genuine, constructive feedback from "Beta Testers" like myself and the rest of the Nightlies users. Without our feedback and bug reports, problems don't get identified and therefore cannot be addressed. Feeding these guys error logs and known errors may not seem like an important role, but it's a huge piece of the development process. I may not be the baddest guy writing code out there, but let's not forget that this "beta" ROM is still being developed WITH OUR HELP and more importantly FOR OUR BENEFIT. For the price of a cheeseburger, a few extra taps of the screen to push logs and a little patience we get to contribute to something of value to many people. I, for one, don't mind doing my part.

mcneilmoe

Reaction score
He's going to fix it. He always does. And it will always be the best rom out there so stop hatin

lazarus2297

Reaction score
When I was on .7 I couldn't send pics or vids straight from the camera app. So after taking a picture if I hit share it would say no applications can do this or something to that effect and I like to frequently send pics as mms or upload to facebook and that didn't work either. I posted the issue in the issues thread and never got any response at all so I switched back to stock GB for now too. I did like the rom, although it seems its one of the only roms that has a GB version so I'll stay stock till a new nightly comes out then see if that helps