If you're considering the X2, this is a must read!!!!

vvildcard

Reaction score
I've been doing Linpack and SmartBench 2011... I'll try Passmark, too.

Ultimately, I don't think there's anything conclusive. First, my DX2 has seemed to always perform well. Second, the results often overlap... I would run each combination of scripts 3 times and get one high, one low and one medium result, for example.

The only thing I can say for sure is that my phone runs great... no crashes, redraws or otherwise. I played an episode of Battlestar: Galactica last night and it ran flawlessly from beginning to end (and never skipped after going back to [cfg] mode, but I only ran a few minutes and it was after a reboot).

I haven't tested Pandora very much, but I turned it on while writing this and so far it takes forever to switch songs and stations. I haven't heard any hi-fi pop's between songs, but my headphones may not pick that up... my bet is that you need an amplifier to make it obvious. Playing music from the SDCard has been flawless each time I've done it.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
So an update on the audio popping.....

It absolutely definitely has to be an SD reading issue. Was listening to music last night on Last.FM and multitasking as hard as I could with absolutely no problems. So it's not the music playback it's how it's reading it from the card. Something is going on in the background that's interfering with the phone's ability to read data from the card.

BillyT

Reaction score
When I got the phone I just popped my 16Gb card from the D1 in it. Music would hang up frequently and opening the gallery took quite a while. I got a class 10 16Gb card and both of these issues are gone.

Reaction score
Ok, heres my 2¢. I've waited since the OG Droid hit the bricks until last month for an upgrade. My D1 was overclocked to 1.2GHz for 2+ years and it took a dual core to get me out of it. Why? Because that D1 was faster and more stable than anything coming out of the box until now. I have had no problems with the DX2. There are some bad examples out there for sure. All droids are not created equal. I may have been the first person in my state to bring one back to the store locked into RSD mode because I flashed the boot partition with an incorrect .sbf. I knew the risk and jumped on it with both feet. I have come to the conclusion that until the .sbf is available and the bootloader is unlocked , Quadrant scores of 2750 are fine by me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

ourich11

Reaction score
I have a rooted and supercharged x2 with stock SD card and love it. I had the x1, an evo4g and several others and this is hands down above them all. My girl watched droidtv downloaded shows and a couple movies for 21 hours straight while I was driving 1200 miles, with audio streaming from headphone Jack into car radio and never had a single prob. Its got its faults but all in all by far the best phone I've owned.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Fluxon

Reaction score
I will be getting a X2 soon, and I'm good with computers and stuff but really know nothing about rooting and all this stuff since I don't have an Android phone.

I thought that you had to root the phone to Format internal memory though? Also, what does Formatting internal memory even do? Does it improve performance or something?

Also, since I'm coming from an old Voyager, I doubt I'd even realize if the phone was slow, lol.

vvildcard

Reaction score
I will be getting a X2 soon, and I'm good with computers and stuff but really know nothing about rooting and all this stuff since I don't have an Android phone.

Welcome to the Droid community.

I thought that you had to root the phone to Format internal memory though? Also, what does Formatting internal memory even do? Does it improve performance or something?

Yes, you would need root to format the internal memory... but doing so would brick your phone, so I'm not really sure why you'd want to do that. :)

Fluxon

Reaction score
No I meant the Droid X2, not my Voyager. Because I know you can root the Droid X2 with Gingerbreak.

OP
nateohio

nateohio

Reaction score
No you don't need root to format the internal storage. Its an option in the settings menu. keep in mind that all we're talking about is the internal storage, not the operating system partition

Sent from my DROID X2

MattHenson20

Reaction score
Just my thoughts

So I've rooted(Gingerbreak of course)
Spare Parts
ADW EX
Absolute System(For Ad Blocking Capabilities)
Busyboxed
Titanuim(To freeze)
V6ed Supercharged it
Added Quickboot, and Root Explorer, SD Speed Increse, Terminal Em, and Widget Locker

And quite frankly, I have never had a phone quite this incredible
I understand the negative issues and all that, obviously not every phone is perfect, but to hate or dislike this phone is ridiculous. I still have my X1, running LB GB.8, deo, Ninja'ed, Meta'ed, Sysctl'ed, OC'ed and UV'ed, and God knows how many other countless performance settings, and it doesn't touch this phone, not even remotely, so drop it already and go get one

Yours truly,
A VERY happy X2 user =)

Raw Dodge

Reaction score

It absolutely definitely has to be an SD reading issue. Was listening to music last night on Last.FM and multitasking as hard as I could with absolutely no problems. So it's not the music playback it's how it's reading it from the card. Something is going on in the background that's interfering with the phone's ability to read data from the card.
On mine,it would skip irreguardless of the source...Pandora,Slacker,and Iheart radio all skipped just like the factory music player,and Sd card.Also you tube would skip as well.My skipping was from every source.Only time it wouldnt skip was immediately after a factory reset,once i had 1/2 hrs use on the phone,the skipping started.I tried running minimal apps,which helped speed,but still skipped...I gave up,wasnt rooting within 14 day return window,there was no sbf then...and we shouldnt have to root to have a working phone....fwiw.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force

On mine,it would skip irreguardless of the source...Pandora,Slacker,and Iheart radio all skipped just like the factory music player,and Sd card.Also you tube would skip as well.My skipping was from every source.Only time it wouldnt skip was immediately after a factory reset,once i had 1/2 hrs use on the phone,the skipping started.I tried running minimal apps,which helped speed,but still skipped...I gave up,wasnt rooting within 14 day return window,there was no sbf then...and we shouldnt have to root to have a working phone....fwiw.

I pretty much feel the same way. But I already used my 14 day return ON the x2 so....gotta make do.

rushmore

Reaction score
The only problem with the sd card theory for audio pops is that most (if not all) MP3 playback caches a large chunk or all of the file before playback, so the files is not streaming from the sd card, per say and there are parity checks for audio continuity. Video files and PSX games "stream", but typically not MP3 files.

The MP3 pops happened with internal storage, 32gb class 2 and 16gb class 6 (added: never used the 8gb). I can be browsing web or playing a game with the 32gb card while listening to MP3s, but does not result in audio pops on the Incredible, or my son's Droid 1 (for the Droid 1, there are some, but a fraction of the events compared to the DX2).

The DX2 firmware is the problem and not the sd card.

Last edited: