If you're considering the X2, this is a must read!!!!

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Please understand.....we're not just "hating" on the x2 and giving it negative feedback because we hate the world. It's because we're genuinely having issues. Of course you'll see more negative than positive. When people have a problem, they look on the internet to fix it (especially when neither VZ or Moto is ANY help). When there is no problem, you don't even think about it.

After the rooting and V6SC and all that the phone response is beautiful. At this point my only issue is with the music player. Pathetic. It was a problem on both X2's I tried. Otherwise the phone is also one of the best I've ever had, but since music is one of the main things I use my phone for....it's just so annoying. And ok yeah you can do all this stuff to "fix" it but...why should I spend $200 and a contract on a phone I have to "fix?"

rushmore

Reaction score
Sad but true that you cannot understand the term Memory Fix for ALL Androids...
Sad but true that you cannot understand the term MegaMemory Device Settings...
Sad but true that you returned, based on what I've read, the BEST phone EVER (after supercharging of course).

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Sad but true the settings have to be done for a device that is supposed to have 512mb and my gTablet has 512mb, Tegra 2 and Froyo with ZERO of the noted issues and performs BETTER than the DX2, in spite of having a higher res display. It seems that even with a high allocation to the Tegra 2 (too high), there is still missing ram and a memory leak that accumulates while running and is not corrected until a reboot.

The issues (audio pops, random reboots and accumulated lag) are REAL and even VZW store management admits the issues are happening. The DX2 acts like it only has 256mb of operational RAM- hence the need to mod the device. My older Incredible and my son's Droid 1 performs better than the DX2, after about an hour of use.

BTW, I gave the device a good review (9/10) at Androidforums, since figured the problems were due to legacy apps I installed. The same issues happened after resetting to stock and with minimal apps. I like the potential of the device, so took my time trying to fix (within the 14 days).

added:

Most folks will not mod, so would be screwed after the 14 days. If folks expect the issues to be fixed with Gingerbread, you will probably have to wait for GB 2.3.4 and if lucky, an August update- seems too long to hope & wait and the issues might not get fixed.

Last edited:

michaelkecia

Reaction score
Is there an actual turorial for the DX2 Supercharger Install? I have been reading whats available and I'm a bit challenged on the install...Can someone help teach a newby the following:

*REMOVED Bloatware Apps
*FROZE VCast and other apps
*Blocked ads
*V6 Supercharger with Mega-Memory settings

Thank you...

Mike

Like others, I'm sick of all the hate this phone receives. This thing is a straight up beast. Here is what I did:

*Rooted
*REMOVED Bloatware Apps
*Blocked ads
*ADW EX
*Spare Parts - stripped down version

I can't find a phone that compares. My buddy has an X1 that I put Liberty GB on. It's OC'd. It doesn't even touch my phone. Internet pages load in seconds - with Wi-Fi it's ridiculous. Downloads - quick. Screen - beautiful. Sure you can see some pixelation, but outside viewing is amazing. The camera is more than adequate. Once a Dev gets ahold of this thing, it's going to be nuts. Seriously, people need to stop sleeping on this. This phone is way underrated.

I'm sure many people will say "Locked bootloader" blah blah blah. Sure, it has a locked bootloader, but so does the X1. Look what CVPCS just did with that? CM7? Boomcakes!

Warmest regards,
Satisfied X2 Owner

Ditto, ditto, ditto. I can't say for everyone but I've had no problems since I bought this phone except for trying to get the tape off the box quick enough. Supercharging by itself beefed this monster up. Thanx to all the proactive posters in this forum...helping out and all.

Considering the build, nice display, great radios, battery life, etc., I REALLY wanted to keep the DX2, but I had audio pops with MP3s (internal and microsd storage), lag accumulation and random reboots.

The problems IMO seem to be low operational ram related and it should be a MAJOR flag to folks when they have to use an app designed for the 256mb ram Droid 1, in order to make the device work semi-stable.

The DX2 is a 512mb device that behaves like a 256mb device. Sad but true.

gr8scott_o

Reaction score
Is there an actual turorial for the DX2 Supercharger Install? I have been reading whats available and I'm a bit challenged on the install...Can someone help teach a newby the following:

*REMOVED Bloatware Apps
*Blocked ads

Thank you...

Mike

I was able to figure it all out from that thread, and this was my first time doing anything like this.

Not sure it's going to help, but it's nice to have all the bloat and blur frozen, as well as full control over a device you own.

Sad but true that you returned, based on what I've read, the BEST phone EVER (after supercharging of course).

^^^emphasis mine^^^

Zep... thanks for your work on the Supercharging script (I am assuming you did it based upon your sig line and other posts of yours I have read). It's a very nice piece of work, and I loved the humor and witty comments in the script as I was running it.

And up until a couple of hours ago, I thought it was the solution for the media skipping issue.

It may be mitigating it somewhat, but eventually the problem rears it's ugly head again.

I don't know why some posts you have read claiming the DX2 to be the greatest thing since sliced bread are more valid for you than those of us posting about our problems. Look through this forum, there are plenty of us experiencing the same issue. It seems appropriate to give equal weight to both reports, and conclude that either there is a large number of defective phones, or a systemic issue with all the phones that some users simply haven't run into yet.

I am willing to consider either possibility.

While I am a newbie to modifying these phones, I have been exclusively a Droid user for going on two years now.

The media playing issue is real. I have the following phones at home: D1, DX and DX2. I can take the media card out of the DX2 (even my old Class 2), pop it into either the D1 or the DX and play songs all day long with zero issues. None, zip, nada. Up until I bought the DX2, that is what I was doing with my DX... Sitting at my desk at work, listening to media off my card for 8 hours a day.

Pop that same SD card into my gingerbroke, supercharged and bloat/blur frozen DX2 (my second one, BTW), and within a few hours of playing media, I can demonstrate an issue.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I accidentally came across something today that made me think of this thread because of audio pops.
I was looking further into an io schedulers tweak for V8... actually changing android's default from default cfq to noop.
I came across this page No-Op I/O VS CFQ schedulers - LinuxExchange
The last comment....
With JFS for example the deadline I/O scheduler is way better than any of the others for some unknown or unexplained reason, while CFQ causes lags and stuttering audio and video when playing movies.
So maybe the sysctl/kernel tweaks script that I made would help this issue...

It's in this post

Oh, the script also tells android that your phone doesn't really have a hard drive with moving parts...

So many of android's default settings make no sense...

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I accidentally came across something today that made me think of this thread because of audio pops.
I was looking further into an io schedulers tweak for V8... actually changing android's default from default cfq to noop.
I came across this page No-Op I/O VS CFQ schedulers - LinuxExchange
The last comment....
With JFS for example the deadline I/O scheduler is way better than any of the others for some unknown or unexplained reason, while CFQ causes lags and stuttering audio and video when playing movies.
So maybe the sysctl/kernel tweaks script that I made would help this issue...

It's in this post

Oh, the script also tells android that your phone doesn't really have a hard drive with moving parts...

So many of android's default settings make no sense...

Am so willing to try this. But keep in mind, most of us on here aren't script developers, just people who spent a lot of money on something that doesn't work the way it should.

So if you wouldn't mind explaining how exactly to apply that...I'd gladly be your x2 guinea pig.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Well you can just save it as a new script in script manager and run it...
actually gimme a sec...

edit: Well I tried to just make it a QR code that you can scan directly into script manager but it's not working good.

So, on your phone directly hit this post's quote button so you can copy the following code.
The in Script Manager, goto Browser mode, create new script and paste it in and save...

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
sysctl -p
#
#Disable normalized sleeper
#
mount -t debugfs none /sys/kernel/debug;
echo NO_NORMALIZED_SLEEPER > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features;
#
#  Memory management
# http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=813309
busybox sysctl -w vm.swappiness=0;
busybox sysctl -w vm.oom_kill_allocating_task=0;
busybox sysctl -w vm.panic_on_oom=0;
busybox sysctl -w vm.dirty_background_ratio=60;
busybox sysctl -w vm.dirty_ratio=95;
busybox sysctl -w vm.min_free_kbytes=4096;
busybox sysctl -w vm.vfs_cache_pressure=10;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.panic=0;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.panic_on_oops=1;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.msgmni=2048;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.msgmax=64000;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.shmmax=268435456;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.sem='500 512000 64 2048';
busybox sysctl -w kernel.sched_features=24189;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.hung_task_timeout_secs=0;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.sched_latency_ns=18000000;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.sched_min_granularity_ns=1500000;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.sched_wakeup_granularity_ns=3000000;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.sched_compat_yield=1;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.sched_shares_ratelimit=256000;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.sched_child_runs_first=0;
busybox sysctl -w kernel.threads-max=5000;
busybox sysctl -w net.core.wmem_max=524288;
busybox sysctl -w net.core.rmem_max=524288;
busybox sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle=1;
busybox sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_rmem='6144 87380 524288';
busybox sysctl -w net.ipv4.tcp_wmem='6144 87380 524288';

# Tweak cfq io scheduler
# http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12445735
# http://intl.feedfury.com/content/47077504-tweak-skript-f-r-android-spica.html
# http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=4806456

for i in $(ls -d /sys/block/*);
do
echo "cfq" > $i/queue/scheduler;
done; 

do	
	echo "0" > $i/queue/rotational;
	echo "1" > $i/queue/iosched/low_latency;
	echo "1" > $i/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty;
	echo "1000000000" > $i/queue/iosched/back_seek_max;
	echo "0" > $i/queue/iosched/slice_idle;
	echo "512" > $i/queue/nr_requests;
	echo "1" > $i/queue/iosched/fifo_batch;
	echo "16" > $i/queue/iosched/quantum;
done;

do
echo "noop" > $i/queue/scheduler;
done;

# Remount all partitions with noatime
for k in $(busybox mount | grep relatime | cut -d " " -f3);
do
sync;
busybox mount -o remount,noatime $k;
done;

# Misc tweaks for battery life
busybox sysctl -w vm.dirty_writeback_centisecs=2000;
busybox sysctl -w vm.dirty_expire_centisecs=1000;

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just picked up this phone.last night after using a DROID for over a year now and although their is a learning curve, I love this phone!!! It operates very well and I haven't discovered everything about it yet but I am enjoying it thus far. I don't know what kids expect these phones to do or if a bad batch came out but overall this phone performs great and was a solid choice!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

vvildcard

Reaction score
Zep, what are you calling this script?

I just ran it and got this:

Code:
Command:
'/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh' 
-------------
Out:
exec sh '/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh' 
# sysctl: not found
sysctl: not found
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/dm-0/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/dm-1/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/dm-2/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/dm-3/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/dm-4/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/dm-5/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/dm-6/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/dm-7/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop0/queue/iosched/low_latency: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop0/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop0/queue/iosched/back_seek_max: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop0/queue/iosched/slice_idle: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop0/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop0/queue/iosched/quantum: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop1/queue/iosched/low_latency: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop1/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop1/queue/iosched/back_seek_max: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop1/queue/iosched/slice_idle: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop1/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop1/queue/iosched/quantum: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop2/queue/iosched/low_latency: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop2/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop2/queue/iosched/back_seek_max: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop2/queue/iosched/slice_idle: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop2/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop2/queue/iosched/quantum: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop3/queue/iosched/low_latency: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop3/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop3/queue/iosched/back_seek_max: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop3/queue/iosched/slice_idle: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop3/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop3/queue/iosched/quantum: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop4/queue/iosched/low_latency: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop4/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop4/queue/iosched/back_seek_max: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop4/queue/iosched/slice_idle: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop4/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop4/queue/iosched/quantum: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop5/queue/iosched/low_latency: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop5/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop5/queue/iosched/back_seek_max: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop5/queue/iosched/slice_idle: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop5/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop5/queue/iosched/quantum: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop6/queue/iosched/low_latency: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop6/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop6/queue/iosched/back_seek_max: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop6/queue/iosched/slice_idle: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop6/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop6/queue/iosched/quantum: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop7/queue/iosched/low_latency: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop7/queue/iosched/back_seek_penalty: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop7/queue/iosched/back_seek_max: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop7/queue/iosched/slice_idle: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop7/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/loop7/queue/iosched/quantum: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
/mnt/sdcard/download/V6_SuperCharger_NoOp_1.sh: cannot create /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/iosched/fifo_batch: directory nonexistent
cut: not found

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You're on a stock rom?

I think you should have a /system/xbin/sysctl file
If so, maybe I need to specify the entire path

Also, what is the output of this command?

cat /sys/block/*/queue/scheduler

You can run in terminal emulator or create a new script with SM

In my output, I get some lines like this:

[noop] cfq

This means that I'm using noop - square brackets indicate what scheduler is used.
No brackets means its available but not used.

In my case, only the default cfq is an option but some phones may have 3 or more available schedulers

vvildcard

Reaction score
Yes, I'm on the stock rom (DX2 has no choice).

Code:
noop anticipatory deadline [cfq] 
none
none
none
none
none
none
none
none

Here's the output... looks like noop is available, but it's still using cfq after running the script.

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hmm did you run as root?

Edit: deadline is actually another good option... bummer I can't test that one

So there is no hack to enable boot scripts?

Last edited:

vvildcard

Reaction score
Yes.

Worth also noting that sysctl isn't anywhere on my system

Running ls -R */sysctl from / as su returns nothing.

vvildcard

Reaction score
I tried installing Sysctl Config (by JRummy16) earlier today and it would force close before it would fully load (got far enough to request SU permissions and loaded part of the GUI).