If you're considering the extended battery

GoBears

Reaction score
Anyone considering the extended battery...DO IT. No seriously, it's awesome. I love the weight and feel of the phone with the extended battery in it. Smoothes out the back very nicely and all 3 of my tpu cases fit on just fine too. Couldn't be happier with it.

GoBears

ResMJM

Reaction score
Anyone considering the extended battery...DO IT. No seriously, it's awesome. I love the weight and feel of the phone with the extended battery in it. Smoothes out the back very nicely and all 3 of my tpu cases fit on just fine too. Couldn't be happier with it.

GoBears

Which cases do you use with it? Can you post links please?

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Using a TPU case from Diztronic, Casemate and Cruzerlite (reviewing for a member here at DF) I really like all three but so far the Cruzer is my favorite. Orange with little androids all over it. I did cut the volume rocker out of the Diz and Cruz though and now I love them.

ResMJM

Reaction score
Using a TPU case from Diztronic, Casemate and Cruzerlite (reviewing for a member here at DF) I really like all three but so far the Cruzer is my favorite. Orange with little androids all over it. I did cut the volume rocker out of the Diz and Cruz though and now I love them.

Do you leave the battery cover on while your phone is in the case? Thanks!

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Yep. Seriously can barely tell it's in there. This is the battery that should have come with the phone to begin with.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I ordered an extended battery on Saturday, not here yet.
Can you use the normal battery with the extended cover without loosing contact if you shake the phone? With my old phone I had two batteries same size, I don't want to carry a cover too.

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Smokie what I used to do was stick some thin foam to the orig battery with double sided tape. That keeps the orig battery in place perfectly with the extended cover.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
I tried the extended at the VZW store with someone there and we could not get it to snap into place. I mean we tried and tried and at the bottom it just would not snap into place. I think I am going to try again this week. does anyone know if Seidio or even Sammy are going to make a bigger one...say in the 3000mAh range?

droidtom

Reaction score
The bottom has to go in first and then snap the rest in. The 2 bottom tabs are bigger so they go in first

On a side note I was impressed with the ext battery the first day unused it. I was then surprised today though when I worked the same places and used the standard battery instead and it lasted very well today. I swapped the ext one in late in the afternoon and it seemed to be not much different. I think the few cycles really do help the batteries. Today I picked up the extra standard battery with the charger combo. That way I can have one charging while I'm using the other. Seems like a great system to have a hot one waiting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I tried the extended at the VZW store with someone there and we could not get it to snap into place. I mean we tried and tried and at the bottom it just would not snap into place. I think I am going to try again this week. does anyone know if Seidio or even Sammy are going to make a bigger one...say in the 3000mAh range?

You sir caused my face to hit the inside of my palm.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I am on my 1st day with the ext battery. I disagree that you can't tell its there.
While it is not a huge increase in size and weight, it certainly feels less sleek and less sexy...To me at least.

I'm trying to convince myself that its not that much bigger but it definitely feels bigger in the hand and pocket...to me at least.

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Never said you can't tell. I said you can barely tell. As far as extended batteries go, this is the best designed yet. I'm not rocking my phone naked either though. Never looked at my phone as "sexy" so I can't comment on that.

kenbarnum

Reaction score
Never said you can't tell. I said you can barely tell. As far as extended batteries go, this is the best designed yet. I'm not rocking my phone naked either though. Never looked at my phone as "sexy" so I can't comment on that.

HA ha thanks