if you have swype, how often do you use your physical keyboard?

Anomander

Reaction score
Password entry and when I use Andchat. For some reason I like the physical keyboard for Andchat over SWYPE. Oh and address entry in the browser. SWYPE is not always good for website names.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I LOVE swype. Its almost magical... however I still find myself to type texts and such with the slide-out keyboard. Lots of people, including iPhoners, always ***** about how stupid physical keyboards are when you have a touchscreen... well i beg to differ... I woudl NEVER buy a new phone without a nice physical keyboard. IMO.

rayvincent

Reaction score
I have slideit and now almost wish I got the Eris because I never use my physicial keyboard!!.. naa, like my droid but don't use the keyboard any more, can I disconnect it lol....

Icculus760

Reaction score
Swype is primary and the physical keyboard is used only when I'm typing words I know it won't recognize, or if I decide it's REALLY important to type and walk without killing myself (Typo and Walk)

cisco0910

Reaction score
Yea, same folk here who say they never use phusical keyboard anymore or can live without it are the same ones who when debated iphone users that Droid has a physical keyboard.

sboman_32

Reaction score
way to close to the equator for my taste...
hardly ever use the keyboard, swype is great... only problem i have is a message that sometimes appears saying the "swype app is not suited for your device you may not be able to use all features." the problem is quickly fixed by changing the input method to keyboard then back to swype but i would like to see this app work correctly someday.

dmo580

Reaction score
Sorry but Swype is a poor man's excuse for no multitouch soft keyboard. With that said, I never use the physical keyboard anyway. But I would definitely stay away from the stock Andriod keyboard. I use HTC's IME keyboard.

soops

Reaction score
still use both

I picked the droid b/c of having the physical kb. swype is great but when i sms to ppl back home i have to use kb due to using diff language not supp. by swype.

thenowherekid

Reaction score
I forgot my droid had a physical keyboard after i installed swype. Its got to be the greatest app ever