if you have swype, how often do you use your physical keyboard?

bmb0205

Reaction score
I feel like I'm wasting my physical keyboard now since I am always using swype haha. I rarely use my physical kb. Swype does piss me off when it enters the wrong word though.

What about you guys?

claustin

Reaction score
with or without swype, only when i have to use terminal, which is almost never. That's why I'm getting the N1 or Incredible when they hit Verizon. Really liking Android though...

vinnard

Reaction score
usually when using the browser or when i have to login or type passwords.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
After swype I only really use my keyboard for terminal and playing GMCoid (I think it's called that, Gameboy Color emulator), and when swype is acting like a biznitch. I dunno. Although I don't use it as much as I did before swype, I still feel like my droid was "naked" if I took it out lol! I have to admit though, the HTC Incredible (ugh I'm really not digging their name choices lol) does look pretty hot, I'm a sucker for Red/Black color combo.

brock

Reaction score
i only use swype when on the run or when i only have one hand avail. i type much faster on a physical keyboard.

astronaut

Reaction score
I only use the physical keyboard when playing games. Since installing Swype I've never typed a message without it.

OpalCat

Reaction score
I use the physical keyboard for doing things like logging in to sites or entering urls where I'm not typing words that swype will recognize. It's easier than tapping them in IMO.

DCsoimpossible98

Reaction score
I only use the physical keyboard for web browsing, entering addresses, contact info, and stuff like that. I don't think I would be too devestated if I didn't have a physical keyboard at this point as long as I can have Swype.

MontyMo

Reaction score
Physical Keyboard? THe Droid has a physical keyboard??

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Physical Keyboard? THe Droid has a physical keyboard??

Damn. Beat me to it. :)

I'm not convinced that Swype is inherently faster than the physical keyboard. I am convinced that for OC people like me who are obsessed with spelling Swyping presents a much less intimidating learning curve than tapping on a tiny keyboard. And for those who proudly wear the badge of carpel tunneled thumbs from years of working at a full size keyboard it's literally less painful. My wife got her new droid this week. I don't think she's opened the keyboard.

drummerq

Reaction score
i only use swype when on the run or when i only have one hand avail. i type much faster on a physical keyboard.

agreed here, i like the physical keyboard and think its faster, swype is nice for one handed quick texts but not for anything exact. love swype but need keyboard

CronoDL

Reaction score
I have swype, shapewriter, and slideit installed, but u rarely use them. The physical keyboard gets zero use. I always find myself using the stock android virtual QWERTY.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
usually when using the browser or when i have to login or type passwords.

+1 for this. I want to make sure a password is typed in correctly the first time. I've done that no matter which virtual keyboard I have.