If you have questions about durability....WATCH

checker555

Reaction score
I am pretty underwhelmed. Keys are generally made of brass, a soft metal.

If it had scratched the screen I would have been EXTREMELY shocked, because keys have a lower "hardness" than window glass... and I would hope the droid glass is at least of that quality...

The only part of a key that has a chance to scratch glass is maybe one of the "sharper" edges of the keyring, as its the only piece made out of a decently hard metal.

So in fact, the dropping of the keys WAS the best test because that gave the keyring a chance to hit the screen

The real test would be a knife blade(they are typically of equal hardness as window glass) and sand, granite, any kind of pebble that might find its way into your pocket.

DO NOT forgo a screen protector because of this test. Trust me, there are much harder objects than the extremely soft tip of a key in most people's pockets.
Eh. Really? Keys are about the only thing ever in my pocket with my phone. Never really had a knife blade or pebble in there. Maybe on a very, very rare occasion a tiny amount of sand....

I did get a pouch for when the phone is in my pocket, but I'll forgo the screen protector and take my chances.

DroidSickness

Reaction score
Yes that ****ing badass and I was just lookg to but the Invsishield I will just but the body but forget the screen its pointless lol.