If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mwahlquist, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Dr01_D

Dr01_D New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i rooted my phone 3 weeks ago, flashed CM7 10+ days ago. love it. i flashed thru recovery as i dont trust ROMmanager. i wiped everything AND did the format boot/system/cache/data/. i have had no problems or force closes. no major bugs either. sometimes i get my email notifications late, but texts/FB/calls/ are all fine.

but my question is, since i fomatted all those partitions did that help for a stable install?

PS i am BARELY overclocked. i dont like the phone getting all warm

2. schwinn

schwinn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The process detailed here is more about those of us who have applied numerous ROMs over time, to get to where we are today. Since you just rooted, chances are you haven't applied that many ROMs, so you're basically starting out "fresh" already. For the rest of us, we had to go back to "stock" to come and re-root so that we could get back to where you are now...

So, I don't think your process is any different from the normal ROMing process... so you are where we all wanted to be. Now that we are able to return to stock and re-root, we end up where you are now...

Congrats on your rooting and ROMing... welcome to the wonderful world of Android root!

3. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Get the app called Temp Monitor to keep an eye on the temp. I'm OC'd to 1.25ghz and I don't see over 120°F. Warm is ok but hot(140°F or over) you should stop what your doing and let it cool down and clock it down until it runs at a cooler temp.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

4. bigmac44

bigmac44 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just did this to my OG Droid after running CM, PE, GPA, MIUI, and UD (Can I buy a vowel?). I just restored to stock, re-rooted, and installed GPA19 and everything is working nice and smooth, no FCs. This ought to tide me over until I'm ready to get my G-Nex at Costco. I could use my final new every 2 and save $50, but the accessory package that Costco may offer is too cool to pass over. Of course, with my refreshed OG, I don't have to be in a hurry to run out and buy a new phone.

5. SDRabik

SDRabik New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Let me hop onto the band wagon here...a very noticeable difference in the "feel" of my D1. To top it off, I pulled the files I wanted off of the SD card and formatted that while un-rooted, leaves me with a lot more free space there too.

6. mwahlquist

mwahlquist Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Glad this was helpful... as you can see... I got my gnex! Pm me if you need og Droid help... I may not monitor this much anymore

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

7. bigmac44

bigmac44 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Got my GNex this past Thursday. Loving it though Swype, Dolphin, and several other apps aren't working with it. The devs should be pushing out some updates over the next few weeks hopefully.

8. zealious

zealious New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    THANK YOU!

You have resurrected my og droid.

I love how the smart guys are like.. "Yea I already do this on ocasion"

I think I know why there is such a night and day difference after performing the rsd restore.

I too have noticed the slow decline in performance on my phone.. I had another og droid to compare to.. which still seems to peform beautifully..

I had it pinned to hardware.. specificly the lack of ram on the droid. I was watching ram use and trying to figure ways to optimize for a while.. I also noticed i was missing about 25mb of ram from my gf droid..

After doing the rsd restore I can report that i have about 40percent more ram then before!

thats right no lie. my ram totals before were around 100mb.. i assumed the rest just was not visiable due to root programs using them but now my phone is reporting 178mb of ram.

but that may not be all. I watched rsd do its thing and it apears to reflash everything on the device ram included. I dont think the rsd restore so much is a fix as flashing rom after rom is the source of the problem.

What I mean is that the rsd restore fixes it just because it puts the stock memory blocks back where they go.. where as when ur flashing roms u must be loosing blocks here and there.

i do not know a lot about flash memory but this is a guess.

SO after doing the rsd restore I re rooted and installed bugless beast. it was ok but im really hooked on miui.. and i have to say it is running pretty smooth right now with primed kernel. camera works again so thats another bonus.

9. zealious

zealious New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and on another unrelated note. My plan is finaly about to be up. But honestly I dont think I will upgrade. It is monumentaly disapointing that my plan with verizon from 2 years ago was cheaper and came with unlimited data. Man **** verizon. and most carriers while we are at it.. Sure I could renew my plan and maybe get the new nexus but jesus no.. with the restored performance of the og I really want to go to boost or straight talk. I swear carriers think they can get away with murder. smartphone plans should be cheaper with more data not pricier with data caps.

Anyone with exp flashing verizon phones to either pre paid carier pls pm me. I might even go with boost they have put out a few descent mid range android devices lately.. still probly bounds better than the og. I really like that zte warp.. Hope there will be some what of a following on the warp... I have seen root info on other zte devices so dont know why not. wifi tether on a prepaid boost phone with unlimited 3g data @ 50 dolars is bounds better than the retard plans verizon is offering.

10. gotbst05

gotbst05 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried this on numerous occassions to fix lots of issues with my wife's phone. Need less to say, I'm tired of it and we're upgrading her phone at the first of the year.

11. jrredho

jrredho Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Hey All,

Since this is in a Bugless-related forum, I've got a dumb question to ask: I went through the subject process of sbf'ing my OG Droid back to the latest Froyo-based ROM that is possible to use using the link in Pete's download. As implied in Pete's comments by each link, that got updated almost immediately.

I next set about rooting the thing. When I did, I found that I couldn't use either the CM or RZ recoveries that are also linked on that page. I was able to SBF the SPRecovery, and get the rest of the rooting business, but I'd liked the RZRecovery's features.

Full disclosure: I used a linux system and the latest sbf_flash to do the SBF'ing.

Did anyone else have this problem either with RSD (Windows) or sbf_flash (Mac/Linux)?

Thanks!

john

12. schwinn

schwinn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    jrredho: I'm not sure what problem you are asking about. I can tell you that the latest RZR (2.1.0) would not install via an update.zip on the D1, so I ended up using an SBF to put on RZR 2.0.3... and that's been running fine for me. If that's not the problem you're describing, I think we'd need more detail to be able to help.

Needless to say, many of us have done the RSDLite process on Windows, and have not had a problem (including myself, of course).

Search tags for this page

fc, lag, sounds, etc

fcvvvjddhdlag

if you have fc

mtdutils.c

samsung stratosphere lag fix

zte warp bricked help