If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mwahlquist, Oct 13, 2011.

1. schwinn

schwinn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You need to make sure the phone is properly "seen" by RSD before it can flash. You also need to be in the SBF-mode (not normal recovery) on the phone for it to be "seen". The instructions on the Unlockr are pretty clear and detailed - just follow them carefully and to the letter. Drivers and all are required.

If you still run into problems, it would be best to post where, exactly, you are stuck...

2. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey schwinn, so if you don't restore any apps using TiBu, how do you get them all back?? Down each one from the market??

3. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +74
    Restoring apps with TiBU is fine, it's restoring data that ★may★ cause issues.

4. metalspring

metalspring Silver Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Although I'd highly suggest running fix permissions after restoring though, TiBU doesn't seem to do a great job on that, there's always tons of app permissions that need fixed, also it occasionally messes with updating some apps (had an issue where rom manager and a couple other apps wouldn't update right without uninstalling first) overall though it's a serial rom flashers best friend lol

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
    Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
    19.9 linpack score
    1856 quadrant score

5. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +74
    I only use CM but have never had a issue with TiBu, not a single one.

Have you reported your issues to Joel?

6. schwinn

schwinn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Since I was going from Froyo to GB anyway, I figured it would be best not to use TiBu to restore anything... so I manually reloaded everything. Honestly, it's not that bad since you can do it from the market.google.com link and tell the market to send you the apps via a web interface. It's not perfect, but saves a lot of phone handling.

I restored data to Dolphin Mini (web browser) only because I was being lazy to restore the bookmarks and such. I imagine there might be a cleaner way, but this worked fine, so who cares.

I think the issue here is that restoring data for SYSTEM things is bad? Restoring data for standalone apps (like I did above) is not a big deal? Or am I mistaken?

Either way, I would definitely say don't restore SYSTEM data of any kind using TiBu... especially in my case where I was jumping from Froyo to GB. At least, that's what I've been told.

7. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've always restored just /data apps, plus all their data, which could be the problem. I have the most basic setup on my phone right now, after doing this method again for like the 3rd time, decided to not enable the swap partition, formatted the ext partition just in case, winner00's latest CM build, and prime's kernel. Phone is flying I must say, but it's not how my setup used to be. I'm really not sure where all the clutter causes it to go crappy, but I think I'm gonna try to restore the majority not all of the apps I had on, and not restore any data. I just like to restore like the SMS/MMS prefs to get all my texts back, the call log, bookmarks of course, and I think that's really all the data back that I would REALLY need I suppose. There are a few miscellaneous apps that I really would need the data back on, but I guess I'll just take my chances at that point. Maybe do a nandroid backup right before restoring the data for those apps or something. Thanks for the input of course:hail:

8. HikenGruven

HikenGruven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I'm taking the plunge. Would it be acceptable to use SuperOneClick as the rooting method? That is what I did before and it worked fine.

9. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Probably wouldn't matter if you use it..

So on the TiBu thing, I know restoring anything Red is bad of course, and the only green things I have are like system data, like user dictionary, call log, sms storage, etc... So all those restored fine, oh actually anybody happen to know what the Blacklist is stored under??
    And like I said I restored about 20 or so apps with no data this time and everything is running smooth like it was originally, no aftermarket performance such as v6 supercharger or swap or link2sd or setCPU or any other script edits. Was going to try to restore some more apps, but a few of them I KNOW that I have to restore some data on, so anybody happen to know like restoring data for which apps makes it go bad and need to SBF over to truly get back to fresh? Or maybe it's how many you restore with data? Interesting to know if anybdoy posesses this knowledge:biggrin:

10. HikenGruven

HikenGruven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The SBF process worked flawlessly. I'll report back on the performance, once I finish formatting the SD card.

11. HikenGruven

HikenGruven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Previously to this, my biggest problem was my battery dropping from 60% to %15. When I say I mean drop, I mean nothing in between. I thought following this would fix it, but it didn't. Yes, I've let my battery drain too and wiped stats. No difference and no difference what ROM I use. Fed up....

12. ohioDroid

ohioDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll admit I did not read all 17 pages here...

I do have the Force Close issues, the lag, and the vibrate during phone call issues.

Let's say I want to try the method in this thread. If I preform a nandroid backup, do the wipes and then restore the backup, am I just undoing all the magical fixing? Or will it put files in their right place and I get a phone with the same settings that just runs better?

Search tags for this page

fc, lag, sounds, etc

fcvvvjddhdlag

if you have fc

mtdutils.c

samsung stratosphere lag fix

zte warp bricked help