If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by mwahlquist, Oct 13, 2011.

1. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    How many do you have linked? I have about 100 or so, basically any app that isn't in /system I have linked. That could be the problem I suppose.

See for me when apps Don't get loaded the first boot then I go into link2sd and options then quick reboot, just does a hot reboot, then the ones get loaded That weren't originally.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I'm also curious if everyone who's done this, if they keep their exact same setup once they're back loaded with everything, eg like having the v6 supercharger loaded again, using compcache or a swap partition, exact same kernel, same build.prop etc. I'm using my same setup and this hasn't helped me at all unfortunately.
    Like I said I'm gonna do this again but only load necessary apps That I use, and try and keep it as close to stock as possible. Running winner's latest build. Not gonna use my swap partition or link2sd anymore once it's back, and see if that hopefully gets this og purring along nicer. Love my og too much to replace it.

3. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I only have about 24 apps linked. I dont like to install too much apps my phone. I dont even have any games installed

4. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yea I got all the angry birds which are like 20 megs each and haven't played em since last Xmas.
    So you have 24 apps linked, is That all your non system apps? Or did you leave the majority of your apps on internal storage?

5. thewoody

thewoody Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, did this tonight and it's like a new phone!

6. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Tell me Your setup Please. Like are you using link2sd or any other app that moves apps to SD card? Using swap partition or compcache? V6 supercharger? Different build.prop or any other file tweaks and any tweaks for That matter? Trying to get my phone to run as smooth as its supposed to after doing this, which its not doing at the moment.
    There's sooooo many different things you can change tho That's the problem its hard to narrow down to one thing that works amazingly over another, like kernels and how you run them, and of course everything else I listed up above. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

7. dpaine88

dpaine88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Damn...I did this but sadly it did not fix my issue which was soft reboots.. :(

8. thewoody

thewoody Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed the latest Liquid 3.2 as soon as I rerooted. I am not using A2SD or anything like that. I did OC it using the stock kernel to 1GHz. As far as other mods, I am using the ICS launcher I found somewhere in these forums.

9. prime

prime Kernel Developer
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +74
    What ROM and are you using zram?

10. schwinn

schwinn Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As I was wondering the same thing, I made sure I setup the phone pretty much exactly the same. I have to say, it does seem much happier. This process works quite well, though I can't explain why. I will say that the ROM I installed (PE6.5) had a kernel that my phone absolutely hated, so I went back to the same kernel I had before this process, and the phone works FAR better than it did under PE4.2 and that kernel. For example, in GMaps, I would always get FCs when searching "too quickly"... the search-as-you-type would crash out repeatably if I typed too fast, in both PE4.2 and PE6.5. After doing this trick, PE6.5 runs fine under this same searching. (Hell, my friend with a bone-stock D1 has FCs with the maps too... so this is definately an improvement!) The only thing I did not reinstall was Trapster... and Drocap (snapshot util, since PE6.5 doesn't need it).

One important thing is to ensure you don't restore apps using TiBu or whatever. I made sure NEVER to do this unless absolutely necessary... I did restore data on one or two apps, but I didn't restore apps or system stuff. I have always practiced this in general, but I just wanted to mention that I did the same thing here, too... I wonder if others are restoring too much and running into problems because of it.

Anyway, this process works so well that I am looking for a similar process for my wife's Eris... anyone have any ideas on if this can be done on that phone too?

11. drewrivera

drewrivera Member

Ratings:
    +0
    West does it mean if rsd just doesn't start the flashing for me? when i catch boot and put the sbf file in the '...' Section and press start it just doesn't do anything. Running rsd 4.6. And try to upgrade to 5.0.but stays at 4.6. Help.thanks

Milestoner

12. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the response. Yea I'd say using GMaps is definitely a great benchmark for testing to see if things are running smoothly haha, that is funny, my roommate has an OG as well, except completely bone stock, and his can't even run basic stuff like that either. I was thinking it could be that I restored basically every single app I had from TiBu, which was like 117. Gonna re-do this process and just keep basic apps like I've stated before, not restoring from TiBu of course. Only a handful of my apps are ones that I'd want to keep the data from anyway, so I'll restore them at the end. And I'm gonna stop using the swap partition, no link2sd, try to keep it as stock, or as cm7, as possible. I'm just hoping to get the same results as the majority of the people that have had success doing this method.

Search tags for this page

fc, lag, sounds, etc

fcvvvjddhdlag

if you have fc

mtdutils.c

samsung stratosphere lag fix

zte warp bricked help