If you HAD to upgrade today, which direction would you go?

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
Alright it's a nice device definately but not for me i don't think but i'm sure you will enjoy it

Yep. I knew posting this would get a variety of answers, because people have so many different things they like and look for in a phone. I weighed a lot of things in my mind and I think I made the right decision for me (Especially now that I've got a different home launcher running!)

Thanks again! :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I think you will love the incredible2. It is the one I almost got. I got a used incredible to hold me over til my upgrade after having a droid1 and I love it. The incredible2 is a big step up from the incredible. I don't think you will be disappointed at all!

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

C_Pate

Reaction score
So, I work at a retailer for Verizon. Out of the LTE devices, if I had 4G in my area, I would go with the revolution. I have had the opportunity to use all three, and the only one that is at least standing up to my expectations is the Revo. The Charge's "amazing battery life" is a joke...the three I have sold have all ended up coming back within their 14 days, and exchanged for the Revo. TBolt has battery, power cycling, and boot loading issues.
The Revo came preloaded with Netflix, and is a more full featured version than the app in the android market, at least according to our LG Rep, but since I have yet to experience it on another device, can't say for sure. Plus, it has the highest amount of onboard memory, 16gb, giving it the possibility of having 48gb of space, as opposed to the TBolt and Charge's 40gb limit. I also really like the Revo's app drawer design, having categories and the like, instead of just one big drawer.

Personally, this is why the $1.99/month extended warranty is so Pro. Covers defective hardware such as the issues on your D1 for the entire two years... Although since you're using your NE2 credit, it probably is better to get into a new device now, cuz Verizon is doing away with them, and the annuals (thank you iPhone).

I know that the phone I am CURRENTLY scheming towards getting is going to be the Bionic, but given the constant pushbacks on the date...who knows when it is coming out. The D3 would be another option, guaranteed to have a physical keyboard, but from what I hear, may not be 4G capable.

just some insights from a guy who spends 60 hours a week with the damn things, if you want 4G, go with the Revo. If not, the X2 or the DInc2 would both be great options, just depends on your preference in brands, and capabilities of the phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

I really liked the LG Rev when I went in and played around with some phones the other day. I'm due an upgrade Jul 7th... Thanks for the insight.

stopswitch

Reaction score
I like how everyone says the tbolt has all these issues, yet I have not experienced one.
Battery life sucks on all android phones, especially lte equipped ones.

I have no experience with the charge or revolution. But lte is the future, buying into 3g for two more years is stupid unless you live in the middle of nowhere. There is no point into investing in cdma tech anymore, the inc2? Waste of resources.
I don't know about you, but I enjoy watching videos streaming and downloading files super fast.

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
I like how everyone says the tbolt has all these issues, yet I have not experienced one.
Battery life sucks on all android phones, especially lte equipped ones.

I have no experience with the charge or revolution. But lte is the future, buying into 3g for two more years is stupid unless you live in the middle of nowhere. There is no point into investing in cdma tech anymore, the inc2? Waste of resources.
I don't know about you, but I enjoy watching videos streaming and downloading files super fast.

I have no problem streaming video on my Incredible 2, and I'm generally not downloading any huge files on my phone. That's what I have computers for.

As for battery life, like I said earlier, I need a phone that will work for 12+ hours without being plugged in. The Incredible 2 will run for 24+ hours with light usage, and I'm hearing several people saying that with little to no usage, the T-Bolt needs to be plugged in after 10 hours or less. Could be an exaggeration, I can't say for sure.