If you HAD to upgrade today, which direction would you go?

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
Har Har. No iPhone for me. I'd go with a Windows 7 Phone before I'd submit to Apple.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Htc evo 3d probably doing it within a few weeks unfortunately it's sprint but the device is nice as can be and sprints not to bad where I live

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
Sprint is decent here, but if I drive an hour to visit my parents, it's hit-or-miss in that area.

However, Verizon is the bee's knees as far as coverage around here. Been with them for years now, and my contract isn't up til October anyway.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea no for sure verizon is much better provider but they're getting too expensive and their devices don't even compare to the stuff the other providers have and there's nothing that compares to the evo 3d with a dual core 1.2ghz processor 1 gb ram and 3 cameras two on the back and one on the front with 3d video and pictures

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
I actually have a co-worker that got the Evo 3D yesterday. It's cool, yes. But the parallax screen seems kinda gimmicky to me. The viewing angle is so miniscule, and I can't help but think the novelty will quickly wear off. I also wonder what it does for battery life.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well the 3d to me is just a plus just the fact that it is dual core at 1.2ghz 1gb of ram and a front facing camera puts it ahead of anything verizon has i would be getting an x2 if it had a front facing camera just because i'd like to stay with verizon but they're just not putting out anything that great so i feel forced to switch plus verizon is getting even more expensive

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
Well, the Incredible 2 has a 1.3MP front-facing camera in addition to the 8MP camera in the rear.

I've pretty much spent the whole night doing research, and here's what I've worked out on my own and using the opinions I got here...

I want a phone that is sturdy enough to last me a year or more, and while I recognize 4G is the future, it does me no good if the phone itself will not last. The reviews I've seen of the Charge make it sound like it will fall apart in my pocket. The Thunderbolt, for the time being, still has a lot of issues that may or may not get fixed with the up-coming software updates. The Droid Incredible 2 is built off a solid platform, but lacks 4G capability. I still have seen almost no information about the Revelution apart from the review on Engadget, that makes it sound decent, but certainly not befitting its name. The Sony Xperia Play would be cool, but I think the novelty of the gamepad could be largely wasted on me.

As of now, the Inc2 is leading right now solely based on how sturdy it looks, its reputation as a solid phone, and its seemingly phenominal battery life.

mamawm

Reaction score
My husband recently replaced his d1 with a charge and it's a wonderful phone and we both expect it to last the whole 2 years on the contract. i've been drooling ever since he walked in the door with it. i've been living with the eris ever since december 09 and i now know one thing for sure, i don't like sense ui so when i do get my upgrade it won't be another htc phone, i'll be going samsung or motorola.

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, the Incredible 2 has a 1.3MP front-facing camera in addition to the 8MP camera in the rear.

I've pretty much spent the whole night doing research, and here's what I've worked out on my own and using the opinions I got here...

I want a phone that is sturdy enough to last me a year or more, and while I recognize 4G is the future, it does me no good if the phone itself will not last. The reviews I've seen of the Charge make it sound like it will fall apart in my pocket. The Thunderbolt, for the time being, still has a lot of issues that may or may not get fixed with the up-coming software updates. The Droid Incredible 2 is built off a solid platform, but lacks 4G capability. I still have seen almost no information about the Revelution apart from the review on Engadget, that makes it sound decent, but certainly not befitting its name. The Sony Xperia Play would be cool, but I think the novelty of the gamepad could be largely wasted on me.

As of now, the Inc2 is leading right now solely based on how sturdy it looks, its reputation as a solid phone, and its seemingly phenominal battery life.

Yea but the inc2 doesn't have the dual core which i know doesn't mean a ton but then again means so much ha and is also like you said not 4g like the evo 3d is and as for strudy i could honestly have a phone made of paper and be fine my d1 is beautiful literally looks like it just came out of the box i've never dropped it and i keep my phones beautiful i really go out of my way ha to make sure my phone is fine i don't even take chances i'll leave it in the car if i think there's a chance something could happens such as when i'm skateboarding/surfing(obviously)/snowboarding or just at the beach like yesterday so that doesn't matter to me i just don't see verizon putting anything that nice out i've waited to damn long for the bionic and if it's not out like next month i will be on sprint with an evo 3d htc is also open with their bootloaders as they've said and the evo 3d should be rooted very soon as all the evos have been

vzdroid13

Reaction score
In my opinion Verizon's best offerings right now are the Droid Charge 4g or the Droid X2.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

braveone772

Reaction score
So, I work at a retailer for Verizon. Out of the LTE devices, if I had 4G in my area, I would go with the revolution. I have had the opportunity to use all three, and the only one that is at least standing up to my expectations is the Revo. The Charge's "amazing battery life" is a joke...the three I have sold have all ended up coming back within their 14 days, and exchanged for the Revo. TBolt has battery, power cycling, and boot loading issues.
The Revo came preloaded with Netflix, and is a more full featured version than the app in the android market, at least according to our LG Rep, but since I have yet to experience it on another device, can't say for sure. Plus, it has the highest amount of onboard memory, 16gb, giving it the possibility of having 48gb of space, as opposed to the TBolt and Charge's 40gb limit. I also really like the Revo's app drawer design, having categories and the like, instead of just one big drawer.

Personally, this is why the $1.99/month extended warranty is so Pro. Covers defective hardware such as the issues on your D1 for the entire two years... Although since you're using your NE2 credit, it probably is better to get into a new device now, cuz Verizon is doing away with them, and the annuals (thank you iPhone).

I know that the phone I am CURRENTLY scheming towards getting is going to be the Bionic, but given the constant pushbacks on the date...who knows when it is coming out. The D3 would be another option, guaranteed to have a physical keyboard, but from what I hear, may not be 4G capable.

just some insights from a guy who spends 60 hours a week with the damn things, if you want 4G, go with the Revo. If not, the X2 or the DInc2 would both be great options, just depends on your preference in brands, and capabilities of the phone.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

John18

Reaction score
i would activate my old phone, in this case the lg dare and wait for the galaxy s2 or the bionic. probably the gs2

OP
Card

Card

Reaction score
Well, I spent a good chunk of time down at a local VZW store this afternoon. After giving every model a thorough run (except for the Xperia Play, as their floor model had just broken), I got some good overall impressions of all the phones available to me at Verizon. I talked to the reps, played some games, and judged what I would ultimately be happiest with.

With that said.........

...I got the Droid Incredible 2. After using several phones for an extended period of time, the dimension of a phone with a 4.3" screen just seemed a little too big. I don't know why, and I can't fully explain it, but the phones with a 4" screen just seemed more comfortable to me. So far, I love the phone, and I've got a long night at work ahead of me that hopefully will allow me to get acclimated to my new Droid!

Thanks again to everyone who put in their 2 cents!

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Alright it's a nice device definately but not for me i don't think but i'm sure you will enjoy it

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
stay far away from the thunderbolt it is glichie and plauged with battery issues.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums