If you had to pick one ROM...

Discussion in 'Thunderbolt Roms' started by SquireSCA, Oct 2, 2011.

1. SquireSCA

SquireSCA Well-Known Member

If this were my phone, I would not mind playing around as much. My DX is on the GB base of CM7 and happy with it so far.

But my girlfriend has the TB that I just rooted with some of your help in the other thread. Deleted bloat and stuff, but wanted to see what ROM might be best to make the phone even better.

There are a few things to consider when answering though...

1) She doesn't want to have to constantly fiddle with things. She wants it to just work, but be fast, smooth, stable and have some nice eye candy and useful features. Ease of use and flexibility, coupled with great performance is what she is after.

2) I don't want to have to constantly tend to it to keep it running. installing different radios, doing workarounds and all that stuff is not something I want to have to do. Doing all that, removes any benefit of having a ROM. It might be faster and have less bloat and all that, but if I have to keep messing with it to keep it running, it is counter-productive, you know?

So based on the above criteria, what would you recommend? Stock rooted GB with bloat removed and maybe GO Launcher or some alternate launcher app? Or a custom ROM, and if so, which one?

I saw my Quadrant score on my DX jump from 1,500 to 2,100 by going to CM7, and the system is much more responsive and smooth. She is looking for a similar experience, but without a lot of headaches, she will have very little patience for "issues"...

Your thoughts?

And I still cannot get her phone to go into Recovery Mode. I need to get her phone to boot to the bootloader, so that I can select recovery and then back things up, install a ROM from a .zip file and all that, but I cannot seem to be able to get her phone to boot to the bootloader. Power+Volume Down doesn't seem to work...
  2. lxJGTxl

lxJGTxl New Member

BAMF forever with imoseyon kernel 3.7.1

Sent from my quietly rooted HTC Thunderbolt
  3. SquireSCA

Easy to install? Don't have to mess with different radios or whatnot? Just reboot to recovery, flash it, wipe data and cache and go?
  4. SquireSCA

And does anyone have a link to the actual ROM itself?
  5. MrKleen

MrKleen New Member

6. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

BAMF is stable but CM is still my choice for people .. everthing works fine..

if your worried about tweaking i would just debloat and let it be ..

rootzwiki or rom manager has CM may check to make sure your on latest radio . but not required,..
  7. SquireSCA

BAMF Cubed, she didn't like. Kindo slow and buggy. Switched to Gingeritis and she loves it so far.

I will say though, that none of the ROM's we tried gave the TB a boost in performance. My DX on the stock OS, was getting about 1500 in Quadrant, same as her TB. When I went to CM7, it jumped to 2,100 or so in Quadrant. Neither BAMF Cubed or Gingeritis changed her score at all. Doesn't the TB have a faster processor than the DX?
  8. SquireSCA

I cannot seem to find a download to the latest CM7 ROM for the TB. Got a link?
  9. cruiseMain

cruiseMain New Member

I'm running the unofficial cm7.1 build overclocked to 1.3ghz its amazingly smooth and stable. I got it thru Rom Manager thru the dl rom section.
  10. SquireSCA

Anywhere to download directly, as she is using the free app, not purchased, so she doesn't have the ability to browse or install ROMs from the app?

I have been looking for the most recent version and cannot seem to find a direct download link.
  11. cruiseMain

cruiseMain New Member

Its free, i know because i have the free app lol. Go to ROM Manager>DL ROM>and then theres a list of ROMS that you can dl directly from the app. the only ones you gotta pay for are the CM nightlies.
  12. MrKleen

MrKleen New Member

You don't need rom manager to download or install roms. I only use it for the ease of making backups.

Go here and look through the list of roms, find what you want and download it. You can then install with rom manager if you want.

All roms are free and if you first download it to your SD card rom manager will install it. :)

Thunderbolt Developer Forum
  13. MrKleen

MrKleen New Member

14. mikeylongshanks

mikeylongshanks New Member

I'm a Droid th3ory fanatic. I would suggest flashing any of his ROMs as they are the most stable, fastest and beautiful of any I've tried and I've tried allmost all of them.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using DroidForums
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  15. Mastrik

Mastrik New Member

I'd like to check out Th3orys Roma but is appears his Thunderbolt work is dead and gone.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  16. x02ssmarox

x02ssmarox New Member

Me and my wife both have Bamf SoaB 1.3 with Adrenalyns test-3 kernel, and the latest radios. I NEVER mess around with anything. Everything works as expected, and is crazy responsive. Highly recommend it, after testing every other ROM available since the TBolts release.

17. jay2jason

jay2jason New Member

Does visual voicemail work with that rom? (BAMF soab 1.3)

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums
  18. stoney1

stoney1 New Member

SkyRaider Zeus.... In a totally different level of developing. No one can touch it, and its easily the the most kanged Rom out. When ihtfp comes up with a new feature, its sure to pop up on other roms in a matter of days. Look for it at teambamf dot net, thunderbolt Rom forums.

Not to mention I have 2 sick themes for it... Haha those are in the..... Wait for it...... Theme section. SKYRED'R and Cyan Stoney Nights...
  19. holla420

holla420 New Member

I would also say skyraider.Rom is fast and easy to use.I haven't had Amy issues w/it

20. bwhite757

bwhite757 New Member

Liquid 3.2 is my vote. Quite awesome on my TB, smooth and awesome battery life. I've had no problems since I flashed it.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page
best htc thunderbolt roms 2012
fastest most stable htc thunderbolt rom
fastest rom for thunderbolt
stable rom for thunderbolt
the most stable irom for thunderbolt

thunderbolt roms