If you guys had an upgrade right now...

Detonation

Reaction score
Have you looked at the Incredible 2? I've been thinking about buying one retail ($450) to hold me over until I use my upgrade on a good LTE dual (or even quad) core phone at the end of the year.

timmerz

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. Think I might hold out. I can try to be patient. I might try to root my X, or talk to someone who has done it before. Because I'm sort of a newb to that stuff. All I was wanting was something different. So that may hold me over fine for a while..

I also am interested in what "rooting" an X entails...what it means, what it does, etc....like you say, a "newb" at these things....i have been having a bunch of slowing and freezing of my Droid X in the past few weeks, and it's getting very frustrating...

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you guys are interested in rooting the X follow the links in my signature.

As for the question at hand for the thread....I do have an upgrade available and I am holding out for the Droid 3. I am considering a Droid X 2 but I am stubborn and will wait for the D3. Here's to hoping they are LTE....I understand everyone says they aren't but there is time to change that before release if they aren't already working on it.

Another thing to consider is this....LTE is NOT everywhere....so if you get a D3 and say it's only a 3g....by the time your next upgrade is available LTE WILL be everywhere and all devices will be LTE at that point so it really wouldn't hurt.

Then again this is all very easy for me to say as I have 2 lines on my account and they are staggered 1 year apart on upgrade eligibility.....so basically I get an available upgrade every year....

Last edited:

mkstn

Reaction score
What would you do with it? I currently have a droid x, I like it, had the original droid before this. Never rooted either phone unfortunately. I really like htc's interface and the thunderbolt feels good in the hand, love the features, and 4g is close to where I live but not in my city yet...

Basically I'm wondering if the thunderbolt is worth using the upgrade, or if I should wait for dinc 2, X2, or even the lg phone coming out. Ugh! Decisions decisions. What would you guys do?

Same problem here... I could have up-graded back in NOV but not too hot on HTC and will not get a 3g phone. That would be dumb. Wish I had more choices! Would hate to go back to AT&T but they seem to get all the good stuff first. Considered the Iphone but even that is 3g on vz. :iphone: