if you could do it over would you install gingerbread?

meshdub

Reaction score
Issues? What Issues? No problems here. Loving it!

Ditto. Running rooted deodexed version, removed a bunch of bloatware, undervolted a bit, and everything is great and snappy. Looking forward to see how long the battery will last.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
I've been reading over at mdw...and it depressing there..its like a messup war zone..sbf this, my wifi is not connecting.......this is the most re-assuring place. Kept'em coming!

JNEHAMA

Reaction score
I've been reading over at mdw...and it depressing there..its like a messup war zone..sbf this, my wifi is not connecting.......this is the most re-assuring place. Kept'em coming!

I've been doing alot of forum surfing and it seems that alot of people who weren't even rooted or only just decided to tackle this without reading and prep time. And some of the more experienced people also rushed in with excitement and as we all know if you're impatient with this stuff you pay a price.

I can't tell you the number of threads started with I just got z4root can someone help me to get gingerbread? I'm fairly new to this stuff too but it seems no one wants to take time and read up first. They want it now!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

turdbogls

Reaction score
Does your tether work....how about your led, were you on wifi and downloaded, are you still using d2 bootstrap? Thanks for the response.
Dont use tether so I am no help...i guess the tbh 3g hotspot was working but not wifi tether from the market.

LEDs not working but there are apps for that.
Yes stol using D2 bootstrap

This message was probably sent from the can

trustno1

Reaction score
I installed it but it was really laggy. I think i am going to wipe cache and whatnot and install the deodexed and rooted 3.3

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I am loving it and my LEDs work fine. My only complaint is the laggy multi touch keyboard.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I have had 0 problems, ran the 3g TBH patch it works great. From what I have seen one of the big issues people were having was bad/incomplete files that they had downloaded, always check your file size :)

I was wondering about that patch, not that it would be a deal breaker for me as I am very happy with GB. Hope it works for me too.

Sent from a D2 runnin GB.

DThomp

Reaction score
I have flashed gingy 4 times already and keep coming back to it. Thats how good it is even with the bloat. I dont tether so I'm no help there but read something about a new version from google. I have had none of the problems SBFing that I have read about, but did read that gingy put the wrong drivers on the computer and you need to get v_5.0.0 from motomobility, I am on windows 7, 64bit and everytime I need it its there.

timelord

Reaction score
I've had zero issues with ginger bread. Sometimes I chuckle at all the problems some seem to be having. Follow the directions given and you'l be fine. Go you own way, pay the price. :icon_eek:

Howdydoesit

Reaction score
Definitely. I had a hiccup caused by having a touch to talk app installed, but I just removed it and GB works great now.

I'm running the rooted GB with Launcher Pro to hide most of the Blur.

en28so

Reaction score
I just finished flashing gb rooted. Went straight from darkslide with no sbf. It's only been 2hrs but this thing is fast! No problems yet. I would definitely do it again

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

scnossen

Reaction score
I followed the great directions on this forum and loaded pre-release GB had a hiccup or two but its running great very snappy now cool stuff crt animation on shutdown very cool...Big Thanks to all yes I would do it all again. I now want cool themes and stuff..learning requires risk. Very Noob

Biggie-D

Reaction score
I too have installed gb and I have too say other then the slight lag occasionally with the new keyboard I have had 0 issues. LED's work just fine I haven't tried tethering as I never used it that much before so I can't help there.

I went from stock to rooted to rooted gb to deox gb and have had zero issues ran it for 3 days solid with no reboots noticed juice put out a nice lil theam loaded it and still have no issues other then the lag here and there on the keyboard. (I had that prior to loading juice mans theam)

This is my second X just got a warranty replacement because I had some bleeding in the screen on my last X that's why I went from stock to where I am now. Really sucked having to sbf my last X to send it back lol

My last X was rooted running liberty and I have to say gb with the blur seems to be faster the liberty 1.5 blurless and I had it oc'd I have yet to OC gb but might toy with some voltage settings too see how much more battery life I can get currently I am at 50% and it came off the charger at 6:30 this morning and my kids have played on it I've done some remote desktoping, calls, texting, browsing, youtube, ect ect. Not bad for about 16 hrs of use.

My quadrant score that I just ran was 1773.

So I guess to answer your question if I had to do it again????

HELL YES I WOULD

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums while in the thinking room.