if you could do it over would you install gingerbread?

chefb

Reaction score
I've been researching for three days ...read about 90pgs of comments. And I'm still wondering should I flash this thing. I've been waiting soo long for it. And I'm not stock so I can't receive the vzw update. I've seen touch and go problems with ..wireless tether,led lights, there is some maket fix on the link at mdw,and it seems like a sbf'n problem lol. So what type of experience did you have?

destin246

Reaction score
Great experience do it u wont want to go back jus remember u install factory reset ure phone
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

joeshell20

Reaction score
I did it! I have had zero problems......just follow the instructions to the letter and you should be good. I think it is kick ass that the community always beat the carriers with updates. The reason my htc touch had such a long run.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

loonie01

Reaction score
I installed GB the first night. I have nothing bad to say about it. I haven't even overclocked my EX. No need to. Take the plunge.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
Where did you guys download from?

turdbogls

Reaction score
my droid world,
or you can help out the developers by purchasing the $2 teamBlackHat app in the market. it also gives you some other useful downloads like the 2.3.340 SBF file which i used last night to SBF my phone and flash the deodexed,rooted,and sreen off animation gingerbread. it is running amazing with a couple little issues that are not enough for me to go back to froyo.

OP
C

chefb

Reaction score
my droid world,
or you can help out the developers by purchasing the $2 teamBlackHat app in the market. it also gives you some other useful downloads like the 2.3.340 SBF file which i used last night to SBF my phone and flash the deodexed,rooted,and sreen off animation gingerbread. it is running amazing with a couple little issues that are not enough for me to go back to froyo.

Does your tether work....how about your led, were you on wifi and downloaded, are you still using d2 bootstrap? Thanks for the response.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I installed Gingerbread leak two days ago. I have it fully rooted, with access to full nandroid backups and installations of other ROMs when they become available and tether functioning with my iPad 2. I also have taken advantage of the full range of changes that this versions of Gingerbread has over Froyo. Super release, faster by function, site and by scores from Quadrant. Have experienced NONE of the issues mentioned in this thread. The installation went just as the instructions I found to follow indicated they would.

Last edited:

SeanRinVA

Reaction score
I downloaded GB when it was pre-release, again when it was rooted, and a third yesterday when it was deodexed. The battery life is phenomenal. I'm OC'd to 1100, and finally my DX isn't randomly rebooting. I'm going to look at going faster today...

As far as issues - when I was trying to SBF on my Windows 7 machine, I experienced the common problems that folks have been listing. Tried most of the fixes found via searching and couldn't get it to work. Finally moved it over to my XP machine, and Voila! SBF w/o issue.

The LED notification is Handcent, not GB. I use Easy Reminder, and its reminder rings/LED flashes work great.

The best advice I can give is to follow the steps in the post (Droid x (2.3.3) Gingerbread - Deodexed and Rooted) to the letter.

Rocko

Reaction score
I've been researching for three days ...read about 90pgs of comments. And I'm still wondering should I flash this thing. I've been waiting soo long for it. And I'm not stock so I can't receive the vzw update. I've seen touch and go problems with ..wireless tether,led lights, there is some maket fix on the link at mdw,and it seems like a sbf'n problem lol. So what type of experience did you have?

JUST FLASH THE DAMN THING ALREADY!

dancedroid

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
d2 running ginger blur 3rd day and running great,