If you are having weak signal issues...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Personally, I think the Gne got hosed on the radio... why cant we use the Bionic radio? its a hell of a lot better at picking up the LTE netwoek, I can tell you that. One is in 1 front pocket and the other is in the other front pocket. The Gnex has onlt ever matched the Bionic in terms of signal but it has never beaten it.

kparks

Reaction score
See this id the kind of stuff I worry about/don't get. I just checked my phones and the GNex is at -110db while the Bionic is at -86db... whet are about 12 inches away from each other and both on Verizon 4g.. what gives... Gnex 1 bar 3g.. Bionic 2 bar 4g.. been like that since the day I bought it.

I think around -110 or -120 or so u will have dropped calls and other problems..
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
kparks.. time to do some explaining

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
See this id the kind of stuff I worry about/don't get. I just checked my phones and the GNex is at -110db while the Bionic is at -86db... whet are about 12 inches away from each other and both on Verizon 4g.. what gives... Gnex 1 bar 3g.. Bionic 2 bar 4g.. been like that since the day I bought it.

The Bionic just received an update 1-2 weeks ago that improved it's signal quite a bit.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well that aint good..lol im hangin out in the 110 area

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im not scared, dont get me wrong.. i know how from the D1, with an unlocked phone things can change in a heartbeat.

crashngo

Reaction score
I am sitting between -93dBm and -100dBm most of the time but I've seen -120dBm all of that is on 3g I only get lte every once in awhile and when i do get it, its a very weak signal. I had a rezound before, I don't have specific data but it did seem that the rezound could pull in a bit better of a signal and it seemed that the rezound could hold a lte signal better. And thats all with a cell booster from verizon in my house, the booster is about 30ft from where I am typing this and where I am pulling in these numbers.

ice456789

Reaction score
-114 at my house. Bionic was in the upper 80's. I often don't get an LTE signal at all with my GN at home (which I don't really care too much about because of wifi) but at a restaurant the other day my wife had full reception on her DINC and I wasn't getting any signal at all. Airplane mode/ reboot did nothing. I may call them tomorrow.

chewy74

Reaction score
Maybe the letstalk back order was a blessing in disguise? Maybe this order batch won't have these issues...but thanks for the heads up because I will definitely be keeping an eye on this now

kparks

Reaction score
-114 at my house. Bionic was in the upper 80's. I often don't get an LTE signal at all with my GN at home (which I don't really care too much about because of wifi) but at a restaurant the other day my wife had full reception on her DINC and I wasn't getting any signal at all. Airplane mode/ reboot did nothing. I may call them tomorrow.

Judging by all the post it does seem like there might be a radio problem
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

9wire

Reaction score
Well, I'm really starting to think it's at least MOSTLY the indicator, only 1 bar on 3g, and did a video chat on google+ with my buddy, he seriously thought I was on wi-fi.

Insidious

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, I'm pretty sure the lower the db the weaker the stregnth.

Sent from the future using my Galaxy Nexus!

ice456789

Reaction score
Just my 2 cents, I'm pretty sure the lower the db the weaker the stregnth.

Sent from the future using my Galaxy Nexus!
The numbers are negative, we're just not all typing it out. So the smaller the whole number the greater the reception. -110 is worse than -90.