If we make a backup with CWR are we able to use it to restore?

MrKleen

Reaction score
I've been reading there has been problems using ROM Manager to restore backups.

I installed my first Rom on my Thunderbolt yesterday and I want to know that I can restore my stock backup when I choose.

Has anyone used Rom Manager to restore their backup successfully?

jr313

Reaction score
Yes its easy to restore and i do it all the time...when ever you wish to return to your previouys state just boot into recovery and scroll dwn to backup/restore click it then choose restore andyour good itll restore ya, reboot and your back to where you wanted to be...backups are an awesome thing they can get you out of trouble if u happen to mess up..

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
That is what I would have expected. The reason I was asking is that I've been reading elsewhere about issues.

jr313

Reaction score
Yeah read that also...but I've not had one problem personally

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Just restored a backup from CWR after flashing a new boot ani I tried to make. Didn't look very good. :D

hogowner

Reaction score
Yes its easy to restore and i do it all the time...when ever you wish to return to your previouys state just boot into recovery and scroll dwn to backup/restore click it then choose restore andyour good itll restore ya, reboot and your back to where you wanted to be...backups are an awesome thing they can get you out of trouble if u happen to mess up..
for faster restores and backups....you can open up ROM MANAGER and scroll down to "Manage and Restore Backups" menus.....pick what you want to do from there.,...and RM reboots in the recovery mode and automatically back up or restores! Go and check it! :icon_ banana:dancedroid

52brandon

Reaction score
I've only restored boot on my TB so far, but it worked for me. I always install CW recovery twice in a row after having a problem on my droid months ago

duckswtfpwn

Reaction score
I have 3 Stock backups that refuse to now restore. I used all 3 roughly 12 times and they worked perfectly until today. I'm getting the "Error formatting /system" and it quits. If I reboot then it just sits at the white HTC screen and I have to pull the battery. The only way I can actually use my phone again is to load up a ROM. I want the stock ROM back so much.

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
Well I tried to restore a backup the other day for the first time and of course it failed.

This is why I asked this question... And everyone was saying it would be fine.

Said MD5 failed. I backup every Rom I try but can never restore one.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I would love to hear more on this topic.

sent via rooted THUNDERBOLT using Tapatalk

OP
MrKleen

MrKleen

Reaction score
Good luck, it doesn't work for me.

jr313

Reaction score
Wow im sorry to hear yous are havn problems...i have 3 backups and have no problem jumpn between any of them...maybe try to boot into recovery and make ur back up there, thats what i do and it works flawless...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums