If Verizon only offers the 16GB Nexus, is it a deal breaker?

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I know this don't work for some people but when I get the Nexus and its only 16gb then ill just keep my D1 on me during work and listen to music with it plus the HP jack is on the bottom and that's just plain ignorant. On the plus side of doing this it will help the battery life on my Nexus throughout the day. Like I said tho I know this won't be feesable for some peeps.

Sent from my Moto Droid

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Video and hi res pics as well not just audio. Not to mention a nandroid which is like 350mb a piece I am almost maxed on my current 16gb card.

Well you only need 1 nandroid, 2 tops. You don't need 40 backups. Video, I guess, some people need that. The point is are you going to watch a video over and over again that it needs to reside on your phone? Cant you just netflix it or something haha. I dunno...16GB is fine for me, I'll be a little upset if the phone still costs $299 at 16GB though.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
you know, it would made sense from Verizon's point of view, in order not to stall sales from the Rezound and the Razr for the rest of the year with the SGN release...

I mean, get a phone with 32GB total storage right our of the box and expand up to 48GB total if you pick up a Razr or a Rezound, and get "Ice Cream Sandwich" a little later...

Or, get "Ice Cream Sandwich" a little sooner, but settle for 16GB total storage....

If you look at it that way, it is a lot tougher choice... for those that want more local storage.... and Razr and Rezound have the cloud storage capability as well.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
the no sdcard was a big question mark to me. but figured 32gigs (probably 28 gigs usable) would be ok.
16 gigs (remember were talking for 2 years no way to upgrade if needed) is a deal breaker .
i would not even pay 200 for it. actually even if its a 32gig im not sure i am even interested in signing up for 2 more years of verizons B.S. I definaltey wont be buying on launch day and wait to see if its really a google device with updates coming from google not verizon. the good news is if you sign up for 2 years in december 2011 your update will come late 2013 just in time to get verizons new released phone that was released by everyone else in quarter 1 2012. so at least they will be long tested :)

Htown315

Reaction score
Some people run more than one rom plus stock rom. I have 4 nandroids. Also as time goes on file/apps get bigger and two years from now 16gb isn't gonna cut it. In reality it will be even less than 16gb once the OS space is used.

Last edited:

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I'll get it with 16GB's but if it's $299 we'll have to organize a mass email complaint campaign directed at vzw. How much do you think it would cost Samsung to put a 32GB chip in? NOT $100..

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Guys an easy solution would be to get a USB to micro USB female/male adapter and a USB memory stick. Sure it's not the greatest solution but nothing is going to sway me from this phone. I do still think Verizon will be getting the 32GB model.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
you know, it would made sense from Verizon's point of view, in order not to stall sales from the Rezound and the Razr for the rest of the year with the SGN release...

I mean, get a phone with 32GB total storage right our of the box and expand up to 48GB total if you pick up a Razr or a Rezound, and get "Ice Cream Sandwich" a little later...

Or, get "Ice Cream Sandwich" a little sooner, but settle for 16GB total storage....

If you look at it that way, it is a lot tougher choice... for those that want more local storage.... and Razr and Rezound have the cloud storage capability as well.

thats sounds good and i understand your points. and it appears many are going to settle for this. although it appears this may all be hype most likely to make their announcement of 32gigs a bigger deal when its finally announced. but for me not only wouldnt i buy a 16 gig version i most likley would just give up my unlimited and forget verizon i dont have lte here and probably wont for 2 years i really only use my droid for netflix d/t the unlimited and calls (very seldom make phone calls) since thats the number people know.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
16gb would cost $249, 32gb should be $299. no ifs ands or buts. even verizon isn't that stupid to sell 16gb phone for $299 when razr and rezound cost that much and both are 48gb phones.

alboboy10

Reaction score
If it performs to my expectations or better...yes I will get it

doublea500

Reaction score
imma just say it is ridiculous for verizon to release a phone with only 16gb. i just cant see it happening.

Danielsan

Reaction score
Considering it's already listed and published as 32gb on VZW phone comparison charts I don't even know why this is a thread.

EDIT: My apologies... I just read elsewhere that other sites are listing it as 16gb, that's ridiculous.

Last edited:

doublea500

Reaction score
what im scared about is that they will charge the 16gb model for $300. that should be the real discussion