If Verizon only offers the 16GB Nexus, is it a deal breaker?

Justifi

Reaction score
It would be for me! If it's 16GB, I will go for the iPhone. Pound for pound, based on reviews, the iPhone and the galaxy nexus will probably be the two best phones on Verizon.

My Droid X currently has 7GB and a 32GB SD card. My combined usage is anywhere from 13 to 16GB. 16 doesn't give me enough play room for my comfort. My next phone has to be a major improvement from my current phone in every way that is possible.

Besides, I suspect, as soon as they get us used to cloud storage, we will end up spending more to increase storage in "rent". I would rather rely on storage that I purchase. I have used Apple's cloud storage for my MacBook air. I didn't pay for it one year and I lost everything. They could not retrieve what was lost once, I rejoined.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Not a deal breaker for me but I hardly store things on on my phone. Current ROM only, prior 2-3 backups, some modding stuff, and that is about it. Any pics or anything I take I move to PC so not to lose them. Pretty much I have a 16g SD and like 12.5 is unoccupied, I shall be OK.

Not saying I would be happy with VZW since it would be one more way they mess with us.

proangler

Reaction score
Would be for me for sure. Looks like another rumor says 32 in training materials. Let's just home its not pre-printed stuff and not updated, or im waiting for the Edge.

DamirD1984

Reaction score
only if its going to cost like $299 for 16 gig internal storage... and probably like 8-10Gb is left for us to use as storage for apps and things

doublea500

Reaction score
certainly would not be a dealbreaker for me. but i would expect an upgrade from my 2 year old+ droid 1.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
only if its going to cost like $299 for 16 gig internal storage... and probably like 8-10Gb is left for us to use as storage for apps and things

It'll probably be around 13-14gb available. Great thing is there won't be a certain amount partitioned for apps or anything like that. Storage and apps now share the exact same space.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Donsell

Reaction score
16Gb could be a deal breaker for me. I'm in too many settings where I don't have wireless access.

Also without USB Mass Storage, I'm not sure I can run media hrough the USB port in my truck stereo.

Trouble is I'm not sold on any of the current alternatives and my OG is dying.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd still get it as I have no need for thousands of songs on my phone which I rarely listen to, or HD videos and movies that I rarely watch haha. I have a 32GB card on my D1 and still have 26GB free. Google Music, and Dropbox take care of all the stuff I need.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
The 16GB is the pre-production (test) model, if verizon actually gets off their ass and releases it indeed will be 32GB.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Massive dealbreaker. When your music files are on average 30-40mb each, 16GB is not even close to enough. I've got maybe 8 gigs left out of a 32GB card, most of it used by music. FLAC bitrate=1000+kbps.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do people honestly need 5,000 songs on your phone? How many thousands of those songs have you not listened to in years...

Htown315

Reaction score
Video and hi res pics as well not just audio. Not to mention a nandroid which is like 350mb a piece I am almost maxed on my current 16gb card.

Last edited: