If U could only choose 1 APP what would it be and why?

heavyvino

Reaction score
I love netflix, I have a son with Down Syndrom who loves Thomas the Tank and when we go to Doctor or Dentist Thomas helps keep him occupied, and I use it at the rate of 1.5gba day, my app would be MLBLITE cause I bought MLBTV ,I stream baseball 4 to 6 hours a day.

NeverdelSol

Reaction score
I might actually have to say Wifi File Explorer. Something about never needing to use a cable to hook up to my computer, and never have to see the stupid Moto website auto load is so nice. :biggrin:

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
jtc303 said:
thats too bad.. not even Louie? Wonder years? Cmon..

Love Wonder Years but its just not enough. Again speaking personally.

Raikkonen

Reaction score
bacK_N_87 said:
How about the play store. Wishing for more wishes!!!

Play store would be almost useless if there were no other apps to be had :p

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Raikkonen said:
Play store would be almost useless if there were no other apps to be had :p

That would make this thread useless then.

yaterml

Reaction score
bacK_N_87 said:
That would make this thread useless then.

No, there is one app to rule them all. The question is which app is it? Apps like Skyvi do everything but relies on other applications; as does the play store. If it wasn't for the Dialer we would have a supped up open source iPod not a Smart Phone!

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
It hard i say max payne . If their second option Google voice

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
The difference is that *mod edit* is illegal willfully sharing of copyrighted materials and the terms and services for your carrier violates the open community design behind Android. Once you purchase a phone its yours legally to modify as long as it's not used in illegal or threatening purposes. Telling you how to use your device violates your freedom of speech and freedom of ownership. It would be like the gas companies telling you that you cannot modify your car after you have purchased it. i.e. it's illegal to change your car to Diesel or ban the use of non-premium gas. If they want to "rent" the phone to you then they have the right to tell you, you cannot modify your phone or in Foxfi's case banned a specific application from use on the phones. You buy the phone and pay for data service the phone has a built in Wifi Spot function and legally the only way they can charge you for access is if you use their app.

You are renting the data service. You don't own verizon's cell towers. It is completely illegal to use their service against their terms of service.

Intellectual property is a legal fiction saying you can own ideas. If anything all the arguments you make are much stronger for using an app letting you download copyrighted materials.

Plus my point is why can't I say the name of the app on this thread?

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
nonnasmyladie said:
You are renting the data service. You don't own verizon's cell towers. It is completely illegal to use their service against their terms of service.

Intellectual property is a legal fiction saying you can own ideas. If anything all the arguments you make are much stronger for using an app letting you download copyrighted materials.

Sorry, but that's not correct. Breaching a contract with Verizon is not illegal. You may be liable for damages, but it's certainly not illegal. Copyright infringement is illegal, and is easily distinguished from breach of contract.

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Sorry, but that's not correct. Breaching a contract with Verizon is not illegal. You may be liable for damages, but it's certainly not illegal. Copyright infringement is illegal, and is easily distinguished from breach of contract.

By illegal i meant it violates the law not that it is criminal.

Copyright infringement is easily distinguishable from a breach of contract in that there is nothing morally wrong with copyright infringement. I agreed to the terms of service that Verizon gave me when I got my phone. I never agreed to abide by international copyright laws.

Regardless, I still don't understand why saying the name of the application isn't allowed.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine would be widget locker...or....widgetsoid.

Widget locker for widgets or apps on the lock screen.

Widgetsoid for the pull down shade toggles.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
By illegal i meant it violates the law not that it is criminal.

Copyright infringement is easily distinguishable from a breach of contract in that there is nothing morally wrong with copyright infringement. I agreed to the terms of service that Verizon gave me when I got my phone. I never agreed to abide by international copyright laws.

Regardless, I still don't understand why saying the name of the application isn't allowed.

Besides your point about not agreeing with Verizon to abide by copyright laws (it comes with being a citizen or resident of this country), this could not be much more inaccurate. I'm not going to continue cluttering up this thread with OT material so please check your messages.

Mine would be widget locker...or....widgetsoid.

Widgetsoid is great for creating custom widgets! I've used it to create a custom toggle switch for WiFi, Aiplane Mode, Ring/Vibrate/Silence, and System Sounds. It's perfect for anyone looking to have a toggle switch for just about anything.

Last edited:

yaterml

Reaction score

You are renting the data service. You don't own Verizon'scell towers. It is completely illegal to use their service against their termsof service.

Intellectual property is a legal fiction saying you can own ideas. If anythingall the arguments you make are much stronger for using an app letting youdownload copyrighted materials.

Not trying to say this harshly but wrong Verizon has changed the commoditiesmarket with their new plan. I do not rent the data service as it has a limit. Ipurchase a set amount of data from them for use from my device and pay for myoverages when I use too much. They do not specify the Data usage for my phoneonly how much I can use. I buy a tank of gas and Speedway cannot dictate whereI drive. I rent a TV cable box and pay for their service on my devices theycannot say which TV I have
hook up to the box, or how many as long as it’s for legal use. They supply thehardware to hook more TVs up to the box for a fee just as Verizon charges a feeif you use their service to create a Wi-Fi Hotspot. As Verizon used to billtheir DATA, MOBILE, and TEXT as different services they could dictate what eachservice cost but now that they are bundled with Mobile and TEXT being unlimitedthey are off the table but since DATA is a per unit commodity like electricitythey cannot dictate how it’s used unless I do something illegal with it.

To address the point simply linking to a website/app that allows for illegaluse of copyrighted material has landed people in jail for promoting/ being an accompliceto the act of illegal use of copyrighted materials.

By illegal i meant it violates the law not that itis criminal.

Copyright infringement is easily distinguishable from a breach of contract inthat there is nothing morally wrong with copyright infringement. I agreed tothe terms of service that Verizon gave me when I got my phone. I never agreedto abide by international copyright laws.

Regardless, I still don't understand why saying the name of the applicationisn't allowed.
No international copyright laws are established to protect money making fromsomeone else’s work (theaters using unlicensed reels to show a movie, it has turned into away to recoup money that major companies, studios, and musicians feel that theyhave been cheated, by twisting the arms of the little man due to politicalinfluence. Technology has changed the scope of the world between then and now.No one owns the internet, no one controls the internet, but yet we have peoplepolicing the internet for every instance they can to gain some money somewhere.It’s as frivolous as all the patent lawsuits costing tax payers money while notnetting money. You agree to the copyright laws by viewing, buying, ordownloading the material then redistrbuting the material is actually theillegal part. It's illegal use and does violate both the Terms of Use andCopyright Law and isnt protected by free speech or freedom of ownership.

See previous comment for answer as to why.

Besides your point about not agreeing with Verizon to abideby copyright laws (it comes with being a citizen or resident of this country),this could not be much more inaccurate. I'm not going to continue cluttering upthis thread with OT material so please check your messages.

But by violating the international copyright laws you violate Terms of Use thatyou did agree too. By illegal use they reserve the right to terminate yourservice and still charge you for everything including the damages as a result.