If U could only choose 1 APP what would it be and why?

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by nomadicnut, Jul 6, 2012.

1. nomadicnut

nomadicnut New Member

I'm looking for new and interesting APP ideas for myself and thought this would be a great way to discover some.

We all see great APP's, but sometimes we really don't value them because there are just too many of them and we become overwhelmed.

I thought if we shared our favorites, and maybe why they are, we could each find some new ones that would truly make our user experience better.

Oh yes, if I had to choose just one, it would be Twiiter. It allows me the greatest, or should I say broadest view on the greatest degree of subjects as clearly, quickly, and as simply as possible.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2012
  2. x25064

x25064 New Member

The browser. I hardly use my phone for actual calls haha
  3. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Smart taskbar. I've used it since my og droid (free) and they always keep it updated. It allows you to access every app and widget on your phone no matter what app you are in. I discovered it out of the frustration of having to close the app you're still busy using but need to get into another app.

You can organize your apps in folders and set your most wanted apps on the top. You can configure it to allow access to all your apps in many ways (swipe across screen, long press side of screen, home button, etc). Even with ICS, I still use it several times a day
  4. nomadicnut

nomadicnut New Member

Wow yes.... I never even thought of the browser as an APP. I was only thinking of "aftermarket" ones. Great choice.
  5. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Yeah ... Twitter. My Tweetdeck app gets the most action of any app in my phone LOL :biggrin:
  6. Exalted911

Exalted911 New Member

For me its *mod edit* it allows me to get all the movies and music and apps for free. its great to just download a movie and watch it on my tv with the mini hdmi cable.

**please do not share apps/websites/torrents that promote the "stealing" of material**
  7. R3DBAND

R3DBAND New Member

VGBA its a Gameboy advance emulator and its damn good. Need me some Pokemon.
  8. bacK_N_87

bacK_N_87 New Member

I agree with this to the fullest!!!!
  9. heavyvino

heavyvino Member

Is the abilty to make calls an update that i got with ICS,never knew the razr made calls. gosh i wonder what motorola will do next?
  10. justin82

justin82 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

tapatalk - :)
  11. lakerkev

lakerkev New Member

For me it would be foxfi. Creating a hotspot for my laptop/sons ipad ect... for free!!!
  12. nomadicnut

nomadicnut New Member

foxfi sounds too good. I'm getting this one. thx

I just read about this thanks to your suggestion. This is exactly what i hoped for. Great new ideas for us all to use.
  13. lakerkev

lakerkev New Member

Awesome glad to help. Its a great tool. DL soon cuz I'm sure Verizon and others will soon try to get it taken down so as not to affect the bottom line on their hotspot services...
  14. electricman58

electricman58 New Member

+1 on FoxFi :-D

"APP BACKUP & RESTORE" its that piece off mind thing where you never have to update an app and say "Damn! I liked the previous Version better! "
    You can set it to backup 2 to 10 versions total. It automatically backs up the previous version whenever you update. Then you can just go into the Archive list and restore any version that's been backed up!
    LOL! Seen too many people here on the forums begging for a fix! When all they needed was to have already had this app installed!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  15. electricman58

electricman58 New Member

I also wonder if someday they'll be able to do like a one time sweep of our phones to delete stuff "THEY" don't want on there! No problem! I've got my apps APKs backed up ;-)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  16. starwolf1336

starwolf1336 New Member

Foxfi of course. Got to get that free 4g speed on my laptop

Sent from my DROID RAZR
  17. jtc303

jtc303 New Member

Netflix... if nothing else.. i have portable tv with me at all times
  18. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie New Member

such a dumb rule

foxfi allows you to violate your terms of service with your carrier to you should block that one too ;)
  19. yaterml

yaterml New Member

The difference is that *mod edit* is illegal willfully sharing of copyrighted materials and the terms and services for your carrier violates the open community design behind Android. Once you purchase a phone its yours legally to modify as long as it's not used in illegal or threatening purposes. Telling you how to use your device violates your freedom of speech and freedom of ownership. It would be like the gas companies telling you that you cannot modify your car after you have purchased it. i.e. it's illegal to change your car to Diesel or ban the use of non-premium gas. If they want to "rent" the phone to you then they have the right to tell you, you cannot modify your phone or in Foxfi's case banned a specific application from use on the phones. You buy the phone and pay for data service the phone has a built in Wifi Spot function and legally the only way they can charge you for access is if you use their app.
  20. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    Normally I would have to say my browser... I am ALWAYS looking things up. But lately I would say it's OnTrack....obviously this isn't for everyone but I need to keep track of my BP and Pulse and it makes it so easy to send it to my doctor.