IF the OTA for Froyo 2.2 came today ???

kdkinc

Reaction score
If 2.2 came today.... HOW many would accept it??? How much of a change if there are any, would you be will to update too???

For most it looks like 2.2 has been a great upgrade rooted and non-rooted.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm quite pleased with all the changes.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If 2.2 came today.... HOW many would accept it??? How much of a change if there are any, would you be will to update too???

For most it looks like 2.2 has been a great upgrade rooted and non-rooted.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm quite pleased with all the changes.

You're not in the minority. It's just that when people have nothing to complain about they don't post. You only hear from people with issues, and to be quite honest most of the issues they have are simply from not understanding how a Droid works.

Wnclivin

Reaction score
I'm very happy with Froyo now that I did a full reset, cleared the cache, and fixed charging/screen lighting issues I had at first. Everything is smooth and fast...ran a 1408 quadrant whereas it was getting mid 1200's on 2.1! So Im really in no rush for the official update to come out.

mob87

Reaction score
I would just wait for a repack so I could stay rooted and keep ClockWork.

luv2increase

Reaction score
Chances are that the official OTA update will be the EXACT same thing that we have all been putting on our phones over the past two days.

Remember, what we are installing comes straight from Motorola . It has to because of the locked bootloader.

The moral of all that is that for everyone who already updated to 2.2, nothing would happen because the system would already show that it is up-to-date.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I miss 2.2 from my Droid, but rooting the X is not needed IMHO....I'll wait for the OTA.

johaBBa

Reaction score
This was only a release candidate. Some things are a bit quirky and I don't think all of the quirks are because it was leaked. They could (hopefully) fix some issues before the official release.

luv2increase

Reaction score
This was only a release candidate. Some things are a bit quirky and I don't think all of the quirks are because it was leaked. They could (hopefully) fix some issues before the official release.

Do u have a source for that?

luv2increase

Reaction score
I miss 2.2 from my Droid, but rooting the X is not needed IMHO....I'll wait for the OTA.

U r really missing out! Theming alone is reason enough to root:) I guess if u like the eyesore white status bar and white/gray all over the apps, it wouldn't really matter to ya.

Droid928, a mod here and at droidforums made a KILLER theme! He skinned a bunch of applications and everything.

Some ppl just aren't comfortable doing the rooting process. If u r one of these ppl, u may be best off not rooting or doing the 2.2 update.

drewlamo1

Reaction score
aye you can update without root. and i agree that theme's make root worth it for that alone!

couldnt it be possible though if you update that the OTA from Verizon might not take properly?

we had to have stock perfect phone to get this update to be accepted by the bootloader, might mess up non root ppl or non sbf ppl rather.

just a thought

OP
kdkinc

kdkinc

Reaction score
I updated to 2.2 un-rooted thinking that when the OTA comes IF I decide to accept the update it may go easier.
I was rooted with 2.1 but I really didn't use the root features to its advantage, so I un-rooted.
I came from a Samsung omnia i920 which I thought was great,BUT I'm just awestruck with the DroidX using Launcher Pro plus.
2.2 just makes yhis phone more betterer LOL
When the OTA comes I most likely will sit on for a long time (90 minutes).Always gotta try the new stuff. I still suffer from being a "flash-alcoholic"

AtreyuRock

Reaction score
Im just not comfortable in my ability to properly update without on the air, so I'm waiting for that reason. I will def. update when it comes out officially, mainly b/c alot of websites I visit that have video, requires flash 10.1 so I'll need 2.2 to update to flash when it becomes available.