If someone could help.

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by greg9719, Dec 28, 2010.

1. greg9719

greg9719 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ive been running LFY v 1.95 with the blueberry theme. I liked it but decided to switch up to the smoked theme. I use rom manager and i downloaded the smoked theme and alls welk except certain things seem to remained blueberry. If i add a folder its blue. If i add the camera ir clock shortcut theyre blue like from blueberry. I have a backup of just plain LFY with no theme and a backup of blueberry. I added the theme over blueberry because when i flash back to plain LFY its an older version of rom manager and wont let me update. It keeps force closing. Also i loved the smoothe black keyboard in blueberry theme. Any way to get that back on smoked glass? Im not fond of tjis keyboard.
    Sorry for the dumb questions. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try starting fresh and redownlaod everything from here or the liquid site. ROM manager has been a bit off lately and i wouldnt trust to much at the moment. try doing everything through just clockwork. if your not familiar with doing it through clockwork post back, ill walk you through it.

3. XJetJock

XJetJock New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would LIKE to install LFY 1.95, etc but a bit lost

Original Motorala Droid. Sucky battery life is killing me. And the memory bleeding is atrocious!
    Have heard a lot about rooting and installing other ROMs to get better battery life. Have already installed "Gingerbread-4-OG-Droid." It went ok, but there were a few hiccups in the install, so I'm not certain it's working as it should.
    This forum sings the praises of LFY 1.95 so I thought I'd give it a try today. What I'm hoping it'll do:
    1) Greatly improve battery life
    2) Stop the *&^%$ memory bleeding and free up more memory
    3) Allow me to delete some of the stock DROID apps (News & Weather, etc)
    4) Speed the device up
    5) Solve world hunger
    6) Generate permanent world peace
    (last two optional)

Ok, so I get the basic installation instructions. Check!
    Don't understand what I'm supposed to do with the system scripts list in order to remove the programs I don't want.
    Don't understand what I'm supposed to do with alternate kernels.
    Don't understand if one theme or the other is more beneficial from a speed and battery preserving standpoint.
    Don't understand how to, once installed, verify clock speed, make battery conservative changes, etc.

Sorry for all these ?'s, and I know these are trivial to many. But I've been trying for two days now to sort through the mountain of threads and can't seem to find a complete and concise set of answers.

I'm hoping to:
    A) get a successful install
    B) be totally ecstatic over the results
    C) whip out my credit card to show my gratitude

Many thanks in advance for your help.
    Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

4. circsmonky

circsmonky Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Themes don't change anything for battery. They are just themes. Theres an app occluded called liquid tweaks though that you can remove most apps you would want to. For an alternate kernal, flash out like you would the rom. You can check your speed in liquids tweaks, and adjust your min and max. Stock liquid is 1100.

Sent from my Droid using the space-time continuum