If I use Gmail and my exchange mail from work

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by sillyrabbitt123, May 4, 2010.

1. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 New Member

will the incredible mix them? or will my work contacts wind up getting sent to google?

I want to keep my private email and calendar private and separate from work.

thanks!!
  2. krayzee

krayzee New Member

Your contacts will be kept separate, you can view them all together, but they don't get sent to Google. And you have two calendars. Once for exchange and one for Google.
  3. sillyrabbitt123

THANK YOU! Now one more if you dont mind:

Is the HTC exchange mail client Better or Worse then TouchDown?
  4. krayzee

krayzee New Member

I would say that Touchdown has more features. Like Notes/Tasks but the HTC exchange is much better than the Droids and IMO the HTC is way nicer to look at. I really like touchdowns abilities but it is an UGLY UI!.. :icon_ banana:

I am very happy with the HTCs exchange, but if you want/need ALL the features of exchange then I would go with touchdown (if you can stand to look at it) lol
  5. sillyrabbitt123

THANK YOU for the help!

So if i never use "Notes/Tasks" then thats all i lose by going to HTC?

I would still get my exchange calendar to sync my emails, be able to download files off the email client like PDFs and look people up in the global address book?
  6. krayzee

krayzee New Member

i'm not sure you what else you might lose, but yes you can do all the things you ask. Get it. Try it. If you don't like the Exchange integration then get Touchdown :) Like i said it's not a perfect exchange client but i like it and it does everything i need it to do. Unlike the Droids which i was very unhappy with.
  7. sillyrabbitt123

Thank you!!!!!!
  8. buckfill

buckfill New Member

]
    Unless I did something differently, there is only one calendar. My exchange and google calendars are combined into one calendar. The nice thing is that they are color coded. However, the calendars do not synch with each other. In other words, it shows two calendar's info combined into one, but when I go to outlook or gmail I do not see items from the other calendar.
  9. krayzee

krayzee New Member

Well yes there is one app, but you still have two calendars. perhaps bad wording on my part :) the point was that they don't actually get combined.
  10. Xceptiona1

Xceptiona1 New Member

I am hoping to purchase an incredible soon and was looking through the data plans and one is labeled business and one personal for email. My company has a POP/Web access to the exchange server, so I could go with just the personal account and not get the more expensive business version of the data plan correct?
  11. sillyrabbitt123

yes get the cheaper plan. its 30/mo
  12. buckfill

buckfill New Member

Correct. You should not need the business plan. I have the personal plan and connect fine to our exchange server via Activesync. You might have to work with your IT people to make sure your exchange account is configured for mobile devices. Otherwise, it's a breeze.

I'm not sure exactly what the business account includes, but it sure seems like VZW is happy to sell it to you based on some of the comments in the forums. I know my neighbor has it on his phone and from what I can tell VZW hosts his small business email. So mabye something with that? Regardless, I can tell you from personal experience that you don't need the business account.
Search tags for this page

exchange and google seperate contacts droid incredible

how to use gmail client for exchange 2010
keep exchange and gmail seperate samsung galaxy
keeping gmail and exchange mail separate android