1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

If I switch from Droid to iPhone4, what will I miss most?

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by Nibbz, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nibbz

Nibbz New Member

Well my Grandfather is joining my family plan so I'm going to convince him to give me his upgrade so I can get a new phone. Today it is announced iPhone is coming to Verizon. I am now seriously thinking of switching from Android to iPhone but I was wondering if anybody could outline some things I will miss about Android if I do make the switch to iPhone.

Also besides the Droid Bionic or HTC Thunderbolt, what are other devices that would be worth upgrading to? I'm not sure if I want to pay more for 4G yet. Also are there more rumored phones in production? Such as an HTC phone with a physical keyboard?

Any thoughts and comments are welcome!
  2. jev

jev Member

Like has been brought up before. If you get the iPhone now, then in the June when the next gen iPhone is released, yours will already be old news. Also, LTE is coming so you might want to consider hanging on til then. The new Samsung 4g phone looks pretty sweet and the Bionic is probably gonna rock. Personally, I like the features and accessibility of Android too much to go to the iPhone, plus I like more than one button.dancedroid
  3. N4UPD

N4UPD New Member

I had an iphone 3g even jailbroke it but happier with my droid no hack and still does stuff the jailbroken iphone couldn't do such as flash.****** is good for getting free paid appsand had to jail break iphone to do that.When the 4g androids come out with front facing cameras then video calls and chats will be smoother.Android is more open source. Remember how Steve Jobs likes to tell what can and can't be sold in the appstore.Just my 2 cents from someone who has had an Iphone.

MOD EDIT: Discussion of how to get paid apps for free is not allowed on DF.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
  4. jeagolf

jeagolf New Member

Jim's Short List on What They WILL MISS. Having been an Iphone, Iphone 3g, Iphone 3gs, and now a Droid 2 owner, I feel they will miss the following Droid Functions. IMHO
    1. FULL Keyboard with buttons that you can ACTUALLY TOUCH!
    2. Google Navigation System is better than my Garmin, Tom Tom, or what ever piece of crap they have installed in my wife's Traverse.
    3. WIFI Tether is AWESOME! I have the WIFI Ipad, and being able to tether it to my droid and download some emails and then log back off is the heat!
    4. The speech recognition ability on the droid is far superior to that of the Iphone.

That is my personal favorites about the droid. Now if we can just get some of the Sync issues fixed I will be a HAPPY camper!
  5. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

So that just marked off about half of your list. ;)
  6. Skull One

Skull One New Member

You will be missing out on:

The lag time of being able to answer calls.

The stock SMS App not loading into memory 100% and sending your text to someone other than the person intended.

Piss poor bluetooth support for making a simple call.

The device manufacture being 3 to 6 months behind on updating firmware from the AOSP source that will still have to go thru Verizon testing.

Applications that aren't checked for what they actually send back to the developer.
  7. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Sad to say but these^ are true

Sent from somewhere...
  8. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

haha...yeah...as it stands right now i think the iphone4 is the best 3g device on vzw...hopefully these new android 4g phones will change the landscape a little
  9. debdroid1a

debdroid1a New Member

10. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

11. bthomp21

bthomp21 New Member

what does that make you? most of your posts are directed to belittle someone on the forums? what makes you better than anyone. if you hate android so much then why are you here?
  12. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

1) not a fanboy
    2) nothing makes me better than anyone else...that's my point...calling out apple users as being dumb is...dumb.
    3) i don't hate android, and clearly you've not read a single post of mine if you think i do...i develop apps and i theme for android, and love everything about it. i'm just not going to sit here and trash people who dont like it like i'm in 2nd grade.
  13. bthomp21

bthomp21 New Member

i understand what you're saying, but you have to realize this is a droid forum. not everyone is going to like iphone, whether theyve owned an iphone or not. just because someone has an opinion doesnt make them "fanbois yo"
  14. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

The why bother posting in the thread? If you want to be confrontational you can just stop posting now....
  15. bthomp21

bthomp21 New Member

That's how a majority of his posts have been, yes he may help android owners too, but every time i see a post of his. its negative because someone has said something
  16. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Did you read post 32 that was posted that I responded to? That was clearly a fanboy and no better than an iphone user who says "we have more apps than you android sucks!"..sorry I don't put any weight in the opinions of people who say steve jobs is an ahole and "it's apple!!" therefore it sucks. Not everyone is a fanboy but if you're saying that person wasn't then you're in denial

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  17. Big Ry

Big Ry New Member

Speak for yourself bud. While the txt issue has happened to me a handful of time over the past year, I have 0 lag time answering calls, my blutooth works fine, and I didn't buy a samsung ;) you can't group all android devices into one, they're all different. Oh, and that app sending info issue you're talking about occurs on iOS too. But with a few rare exceptions, it's completely harmless. I can't believe how paranoid some people get over that crap. Hello, paranoid schizophrenia!!!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
  18. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

haaha...ridiculous in every sense of the word. This subsection is set up to discuss the iphone on vzw. I assumed that means not bashing it. So when I respond to a post that is clearly bashing it, I'm being confrontational? Why set up this section then, if people who don't agree with the iphone being bashed are going to be asked to stop posting?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  19. bthomp21

bthomp21 New Member

Haha denial. It's his opinion, who cares?
  20. jkhonea

jkhonea Super Moderator

This part of your post is unnecessary. Cease with the name calling and implications, even if in jest. There is no need for this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.