If I Nandroid Backup 2.0.1, Can I go Back?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mrz123, Mar 18, 2010.

1. mrz123

mrz123 New Member

If I do a nandroid full backup of my current setup with 2.0.1 and everything the way I like it, then wipe the droid back to stock, then update to 2.1, can I still go back to my Nandroid backup if I liked my 2.0.1 setup better than 2.1??
  2. Erron

Erron Developer Developer

When they figure out how to root the 2.1, sure.

Honestly I am hoping not. I an hoping that 2.1 root leads us all to using the same recovery system every other android phone uses. Then we can get better development and themes and roms.
  3. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Better development, themes, and roms isn't gonna change with a 2.1 update.
    That would require a coordinated effort between devs, instead of them all working independently, they would have to work together and isolate different areas each would focus on. This is why the other Android phones are advancing faster than us.
  4. Erron

I think you took my point a little wrong. Right now, the standard for the droid is sprecovery right? cyanogenmod is the only one using his recovery, right? Well in the rest of the droid world the recovery used is CM's. So if we used it as a standard we could use any nexus one theme. And the people who build roms for other devices would be a lot more apt to develop for us. So it would take a coordinated effort of every droid root user to say they wanna be on track with the rest of the android world.

EDIT: and if you haven't, look at how many themes and tweaks and roms and mods are avail for the N1 over at xda. And they have only sold what...a couple hundred thousand of those?
  5. Topsy

Topsy New Member

Ah I gotcha.
    Well i think we would just need more ROM's made for clockwork , giving people a reason to switch. Right now it's 1 ROM on clockwork versus all the others on sprecovery, so people will opt for sprecovery so they have more options open to them.
  6. Erron

you are right. I think the problem is right now clockwork is a little buggy for the droid. Soon as that is cleared up I will cook up some roms. I am a huge fan of multi platform compatibility
  7. Topsy

Topsy New Member

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

I agree, once clockwork is more stable, we'll see more users and hopefully more development for it. Would be nice.
Search tags for this page
do a nandroid of your current setup

where my adroid 2.1can backup