If I moved from Droid to a new phone

Ainvar

Reaction score
I believe the apps are linked to the primary gmail account you are using with your phone. If you use the same acct on your new droid they should follow.

If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me on this.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I believe the apps are linked to the primary gmail account you are using with your phone. If you use the same acct on your new droid they should follow.

100% correct

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly how are they linked? I've seen many threads on this, and people saying that some you have to uninstall, some you do this. All i know is that when I did my hard resets, nothing came back other then my contacts. I'm not doubting they are linked lol, just how does one get them back? Also do they show up in the downloads in the marketplace again?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
All i know is that when I did my hard resets, nothing came back other then my contacts.

After my only hard reset....everything re-downloaded...

VooDoo Magic?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lol i guess, i mean heck i'm just happy that contacts redownload :) Hopefully I won't ever need to do a reset again. But seeing as i tinker alot, i doubt that will happen lol.

Vladimir

Reaction score
there is also app backup apps, that will transfer to your SD :)

LordKastle

Reaction score
Really? So the assumed logic has been incorrect New2u?

I've never had experience so I am asking. If we download apps, will we lose them upon hard-reset even when going to re-download them?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
there is also app backup apps, that will transfer to your SD :)

Used one of those before, while they will load them back onto your phone, if you go into the marketplace downloads to check for updates... there is none there.

Zippster

Reaction score
All my paid for apps were still there upon hard resets, I had to reinstall them, but they were still showing up as available so they are definitely linked to your gmail account.

silverx10

Reaction score
I think ultimately, the problem in this thread is that we're not being too clear on what "there" is.

Still "there" on Marketplace, yeah. All apps paid for will be registered (and follow) your account. They'll still be "there" on the Marketplace for you to download for free.

Still "there" on the device itself, I doubt it. Can't say from experience as I (knock on wood) haven't had to do this, but I'd doubt they'll reinstall themselves on your new phone.

It'd be nice if that's how it worked, though.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Why doesn't someone bite the bullet and do a hard reset to document the result....